Sheriff's deputies are investigating break-ins at four storage units at the Red Door Storage Buildings in Blanket.
One of the property owners was unsure if anything had been taken from his unit, but numerous items were taken from the other three units, according to reports by deputy Robert Ramirez, who was dispatched on Friday.
Items taken consisted of a 42-inch television, a cordless drill, a tool set, a lamp, five ceramic dolls, two large plastic tubs with Christmas decorations, a cell phone, a cordless tool set, a super Nintendo, a welder cracker box, a digital camera, a DVD player, a box of camcorder tapes with family videos, a computer printer and four locks.
In other incidents:
• Cpl. Stephanie Morgan arrested Toribio Torres, 38, of Brownwood, on a charge of injury to a child following a father-son dispute in the 2000 block of 13th.
• Morgan was dispatched Friday to the 700 block of Coggin, where a woman said her neighbor had run an extension cord from an outside receptacle at her home and had taken water from a faucet on her property.
• Officer Zane Taylor met with a woman at the Law Enforcement Center who said her soon-to-be ex-common law spouse had threatened to burn down their house and kill her and the family.
• Officer Danny Hutchins was dispatched Friday to the 500 block of West Commerce on a report of a fight in progress. A female said she was the victim and the other participant was gone.
• Officer Anna Sturgeon was dispatched Saturday to Commerce Square on a report that someone had a Staple's shopping cart and used it to break the glass door of a vacant store.
• Officer Jesse Mares was dispatched Saturday to the 1800 block of Austin on a disorderly conduct report. Mares arrested Christopher Fisher, 48, of Brownwood; Lyndon Harling, 28, of Abilene; and Tashua Johnson, 23, of Early, on charges of possession of marijuana under 2 ounces.
• Mares was on patrol Sunday in the 700 block of Third when he saw a man and a woman walking and apparently arguing. The man pleaded with the woman to get out of the road and walk on the sidewalk, and she refused. Mares contacted the pair and arrested Rena Merklinger, 22, of Brownwood, on a charge of possession of a controlled substance.
• Sgt. Mitch Slaymaker spoke with three people in the 2100 bock of Avenue B about a domestic disturbance. Slaymaker arrested Meghan Turner, 20, of Brownwood, on an assault charge.
• Officer Kelly Barclay was dispatched Friday to the 200 block of East Commerce, where someone broke out a window in a vehicle and took a purse.
• Barclay was dispatched Friday to the 1400 block of Belle Plain, where someone took 10 to 15 scrap mufflers and pipe scrap.
• Cpl. Johnny Jackson was dispatched Frida to the 3700 block of Savoy, where a woman said someone kicked in her front door. Nothing was taken.
• Jackson was dispatched Sunday to Wonderland Tobacco, where the clerk said a friend came in after closing time and stole the night deposits. The person was called and returned the deposits. The business owner wanted a criminal trespass warning issued but did not want to prosecute.
• Officers Brandon Miller and Robert Lee were dispatched early Tuesday to the 900 block of Avenue B, where a man said his ex-girlfriend pushed him out the door, causing a minor injury.
Others booked into the Brown County Jail between 8 a.m. Friday and 8 a.m. Monday were:
James Deshields III, 56, Brownwood, driving with invalid license.
Charles Gwinn, 20, Early, 30-day commitment.
Joseph Havens, 17, Brownwood, minor in possession of alcohol.
Eddie Hernandez, 22, Brownwood, public intoxication.
Clarence Hickerson Jr., 19, Sacramento, failure to appear for burglary of habitation.
Gladys Juarez, 30, Brownwood, DWI third.
Christopher Kovatsi, 54, Fourney, DWI.
Mykal Manzano, 24, Brownwood, motion to revoke for possession of a controlled substance.
Bryan McMillan, 21, public intoxication.
Brady Perkins, 31, Valera, bond withdrawals for possession of a controlled substance and possession of marijuana.
Kathryn Pirkle, 29, Brownwood, traffic warrants.
David Prosise II, 41, Brookesmith, motion to revoke for aggravated assault injury to child.
Christopher Rice, 32, Early, public intoxication.
Candace Schwab, 26, Brownwood, burglary of a habitation.
Allan Thomas, 49, Brownwood, possession of a controlled substance.
Alexander Villarreal, 22, Brownwood, failure to identify, traffic warrants.