A Brownwood man who was arrested last week on a DWI charge after his vehicle struck a pedestrian is back in jail on a parole violation warrant.
Johnny Strickland, 64, was booked into the Brown County Jail on Aug. 27 on charges of DWI and failure to stop and render aid, jail records state. Strickland's vehicle struck a pedestrian in the parking lot of the Allsup's store in Early, Brownwood police located Strickland later in Brownwood and arrested him, police said earlier.
Strickland was released on bonds totaling $4,000, and Brownwood police arrested Strickland Tuesday on the parole warrant.
In other incidents:
• Brownwood police are investigating online solicitation of a minor that is alleged to have occurred on Facebook.
According to a report by officer Jayme Bowman:
Bowman was dispatched Tuesday to a home where a woman said her juvenile daughter had been corresponding with a man on Facebook and that their conversations had become very inappropriate.
Based on the Facebook posts, Bowman's report states, "it was determined the male subject committed solicitation of a minor." An investigation continues.
• Bode was dispatched Sunday to the Law Enforcement Center and spoke with a man who said he was assaulted by another man while celebrating his birthday in the 700 block of West Austin.
• Officer Joe Thomas was dispatched to Skillets Monday on a report that a woman was taking a shower behind a business in the 500 block of East Commerce. Thomas issued a criminal trespass warning to the woman.
• Bode was dispatched Monday to the Law Enforcement Center and spoke with a woman who said she received 90 harassing text messages, sent by the man who is stepfather to her boyfriend's children.
• Officer Brandon Miller was dispatched Tuesday to the 1800 block of Sixth, where a woman said her daughter had been assaulted by her daughter's boyfriend. Miller arrested Adrian Castillo, 20, of Brownwood, on an assault charge.
• Officer Robert Lee was dispatched early Wednesday morning to a home in the 1500 block of Dublin on a report that someone had entered the home and taken medication.
• Lee was dispatched Tuesday to the 2600 block of First on a report that a man and a woman were in an altercation over child custody.
• Miller was dispatched Tuesday to the 1600 block of Belle Plain, where a woman said her ex-boyfriend had threatened her and her ex-husband via voicemail.
Others booked into the Brown County Jail between 8 a.m. Tuesday and 8 a.m. Wednesday were:
Hector Gonzales Jr., 23, Brownwood, bench warrant.
Rosa Lopez, 27, Brownwood, traffic warrants.
Deci Oliver, 33, Brownwood, theft.
Jeannie Qualley, 26, Elm Mott, motion to revoke for burglary of a habitation, failure to appear for theft.
Clarification: A party that occurred at a residence near the Oasis bar, where two men are accused of robbing a bar customer at gunpoint, occurred two doors down from the bar, not next door.