A Brownwood man was arrested Sunday for the second time in four days on a DWI charge.
Officer Brandon Johnson was parked in the 200 block of South Broadway shortly before 1 a.m. Sunday watching traffic when he saw a vehicle run the flashing red light at South Broadway and Fisk, Johnson's report states.
Johnson made a traffic stop and arrested the driver, Royce Phillips, on the DWI charge, police and jail records state. Phillips is free on $1,500 bond.
On Sept. 19, officer Brandon Miller arrested Phillips on a DWI charge after traffic stop.
In other incidents:
• Officer Walker Willey was dispatched Friday to the 2500 block of Southside, where a man surprised an intruder who'd entered his home by removing a screen and opening a window. The intruder fled without taking anything.
• Officer Robert Lee made a traffic stop Sunday in the 2100 block of U.S. Highway 377 and arrested Kristina Bates, 36, of Brownwood, on a DWI charge.
• Willey was dispatched Saturday to the 2000 block of Avenue B, where a man said he'd allowed a friend to drive his 1986 Ford F150 pickup to Coleman Thursday evening. The friend was supposed to return the truck the next morning but the friend and the truck were missing, and the owner had not heard from the friend.
Deputy Brandon Arnold saw the vehicle on U.S. Highway 67 late Saturday afternoon and stopped it. Arnold arrested the driver, George Ford, 44, of Coleman, on charges of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and no driver's license.
• Officer Jayme Bowman was dispatched Friday to a report of a hit-and-run accident in the area of Lakeway and West Commerce. A witness said the suspect vehicle, a Dodge pickup, was stopped at Waco and Locust. The driver told Bowman he had taken prescription medication for pain from an earlier accident. The driver was taken to the emergency room.
• Miller was dispatched early Monday morning to the 600 block of Avenue G on a report that juveniles were intoxicated and being loud. Miller arrested Christopher Minor, 19, and Toni Pinson, 20, both of Brownwood, on possession of marijuana charges.
• Miller was dispatched Saturday to the 1500 block of Waco, where a woman found her dog dead of a gunshot in her back yard. There are no suspects.
• Miller made a traffic stop in the 1300 block of Coggin and learned a passenger in the vehicle had a parole warrant, but had given a false name. Miller arrested Orlando Atkins, 25, of Brownwood, on the parole warrant and on a charge of failure to identify.
• Officer Anna Sturgeon was dispatched to the 300 block of Clark on Sept. 19, where she generated a report for indecency with a child.
• Officer Steve Woodard responded to the 1200 block of Vine on Sept. 19, where a cosmetic bag containing two watches and $40 in quarters was stolen.
• Lee was dispatched to the 1600 block of First on a report that a female juvenile had assaulted her adoptive father. Lee arrested the juvenile.
• Woodard was dispatched Thursday to the 2600 block of West Main Boulevard on a report that someone had forced open the door of a residence. It was uncertain if anything had been taken.
• Woodard was dispatched Thursday to the 600 block of Maple on a report that a laptop computer, a camera, a gambol and a controller had been taken. Woodard received information on possible suspects.
• Miller was dispatched Monday to the 1000 block of Durham, where someone entered a home through an unlocked door and took a wallet and other items from the kitchen table.
Others booked into the Brown County Jail between 8 a.m. Friday and 8 a.m. Monday were:
David Bivins, 56, Brownwood, theft.
William Carlisle, 48, Brownwood, public intoxication.
Ricky Delarosa, 31, Brownwood, motion to adjudicate for criminal mischief.
Micah Green, 21, Blanket, motion to revoke for possession of marijuana.
Timothy Jackson, 30, May, engaging in organized criminal activity.
Sabrina Lewis, 21, Brownwood, theft, failure to appear.
Adam Miranda, 29, Brownwood, possession of a controlled substance.
Christopher Monroe, 30, Abilene, driving with invalid license.
Charles Morgan, 55, Angelton, theft.
Ashley Norman, 24, Brownwood, 90-day commitment.
Kimberly Patterson, 41, Brownwood, driving with invalid license.
Anthony Rainey, 35, May, DWI.
Toribio Torres, 38, Brownwood, violating protective order.
Jessica Wheat, 22, Abilene, possession of a controlled substance.