A Brownwood woman was awakened to the sound of someone trying to break into her home early Sunday morning, police said.
The would-be intruder did not get inside and was not caught.
Officer Spruce Spruill was dispatched at 12:25 a.m. to the 1400 block of Vine, where a woman said she had been awakened by the noise. As she walked toward the front door, whoever was outside broke out one of the small windows in the door, Spruill's report states.
A piece of glass hit the woman's forehead, causing a small cut. The woman ran to the back of the home where her children were sleeping and called 9-1-1.
In other incidents:
• Police are investigating the burglaries of coin-operated washers and dryers in a south Brownwood apartment complex.
Officer Kelly Barclay was dispatched Sunday to Camelot Apartments, 1801 Slayden, where two washers and two dryers were broken into and an undetermined amount of coins taken. The manager told Barclay the laundry facility can only be accessed by residents.
On Nov. 6, three washers were broken into in the complex's other laundry facility, Barclay's report states.
• Cpl. Johnny Jackson was dispatched at 3:12 a.m. Sunday to Coggin Park after multiple residents complained about excessive noise. Jackson spoke with several people standing outside a pickup and told them to keep it down. Jackson told them if he was called back he was issue criminal trespass warnings.
• Jackson was dispatched Friday to Brownwood Apartments in the 300 block of Bluffview on a complaint that several people were being loud and drinking alcoholic beverages in the parking lot. Jackson told the people to quiet down.
• Officer Anna Sturgeon was dispatched Friday to the 1100 block of Vine on a report of a sexual assault of a child.
• Officer Danny Hutchins was dispatched Saturday to the 2500 block of Belle Plain, where a man suspects his ex-girlfriend of stealing a photo of him and his new girlfriend. The value of the photo is $1.
• Officers Bruce Spruill and Barclay were dispatched in unrelated criminal mischief cases in the 3700 block of Golding Road and 900 block of Avenue B. Someone caused scratches to vehicles in both locations.
• A man flagged down officer Zane Taylor and reserve officer Ted Perez and reported that his ex-girlfriend assaulted him and would not return his belongings.
• Officer Steve Woodard was dispatched Saturday to the 1700 block of Avenue D, where someone made off with a stop sign. The city's street department responded with a new sign.
• Barclay was dispatched Thursday to Coggin Park, where a woman said someone shot out a window on her vehicle while she played basketball.
• Woodard was dispatched Friday to the 2800 block of Southside, where a woman said she believes her child has been sexually assaulted by the child's father. The father no longer has access to the child and a report has been made to CPS.