A woman told police her sister was known for being a thief and had stolen previously from family members.
But, the woman told officer Jayme Mares Thursday evening, she said her sister she could stay in her home in the 1800 block of 12th Street — as long as her sister didn't steal or cause problems.
The woman came home from work that day and saw that jewelry worth $2,850 was missing from her jewelry box, and she named her sister as a suspect, Mares' report states.
Later, the woman called dispatch and reported that the sister had called said she'd taken the jewelry and had pawn slips.
After further investigation, Mares arrested the sister, Christi Green, 40, on a theft charge, according to Mares' report and Brown County Jail logs. The suspect told Mares she had "gotten in a bind with money," Mares' report states.
In other incidents:
• Cpl. Stephanie Morgan was dispatched Thursday to the CVS Pharmacy at 1319 Austin Ave. on a shoplifting report. A juvenile was taken into custody.
• Officer Kelly Barclay was dispatched Thursday to Gordon Wood Stadium on a report that the concession stand was burglarized. Nothing was taken, but the building sustained $3,000 in damage.
• Barclay was dispatched Wednesday to the 2600 block of Belle Plain, where a woman said her husband threw a cardboard box at her and throated to kill her boyfriend.
• Mares was dispatched early Friday morning to the 100 block of North Fisk, where an alarm went off at Brownwood Gold and Silver Exchange. The front door of the business was damaged.
• School resource officer Fred Bastardo was notified Wednesday that a student was being disruptive at the alternative school. While Bastardo was en route to the school he was notified the student had assaulted the teacher. Bastardo took the student into custody.
Others booked into the Brown County Jail between 8 a.m. Tuesday and 8 a.m. Friday were:
Mary Coffman, 49, Irving, failure to appear for theft.
Arianne Robinson, 17, Brownwood, assault public servant.
Leanna Russell, 21, Brownwood, burglary of a building.
Savannah Babb, 18, Brownwood, assault public servant.
Frank Brummett, 30, Brownwood, motion to adjudicate for possession of a controlled substance.
Paul Challenger, 57, Early, public intoxication.
Billy Gatlin, 60, Brownwood, public intoxication.
Arnold Johnson, 32, San Angelo, possession of marijuana under 2 ounces, unlawful carrying weapon.
Nicholas Banks, 33, Sheffield, failure to appear for DWI.
Judy Campbell, 39, Brownwood, motion to revoke for delivery of marijuana.
Amelia Thompson, 44, Brownwood, theft by check.