A 74-year-old motorist who was arrested on a DWI charge, and an allegedly intoxicated man who went shopping for a bicycle for his daughter — and allegedly assaulted another customer — were among individuals involved in weekend alcohol-related events.
Brownwood officer Robert Lee was dispatched Saturday night to the 3300 block of U.S. Highway 183 North on a report that a motorist was driving slowly down the road.
Lee located the vehicle on Airport Road, on the Brownwood airport, Lee's report states. The vehicle was obstructing the road, then began moving at 5 mph when Lee got behind it. Lee activated his patrol car's emergency light and the driver stopped, but then drove off when Lee started to walk up to talk to the driver.
The driver stopped again, this time in front of the passenger terminal. Lee arrested Pedro DeLarosa, 74, of Brownwood, on charges of DWI and evading arrest or detention.
In another incident Saturday night, Lee was dispatched to Wal-Mart on a report that an intoxicated man was starting fights with customers. Joshua Ross, 26, of Brownwood, told Lee he was there to buy a bicycle for his daughter, Lee's report states. Ross also said he was going to buy ammo and go shoot his gun.
Lee learned that another man had allegedly been assaulted but that person was not injured and did not want to press charges. Lee arrested Ross on a public intoxication charge.
In other incidents:
• Officer Joe Thomas was dispatched Friday to the 3300 block of Stephen F. Austin, where someone stole tools and clothing from the bed of a pickup and also took items from outside a residence. A suspect was named.
• Officer Jayme Bowman was on patrol Friday when he saw a driver parking a pickup in a handicapped parking space in the 1500 block of Davis Lane. Bowman contacted the driver and saw alcoholic beverages in the bed of the pickup. Bowman cited the driver for minor in possession.
• Lee was dispatched Saturday to the 1100 block of Schroeder on a report of fighting juveniles. Lee cited one of the juveniles for possession of drug paraphernalia and minor in possession of tobacco.
• Officer Kim Cantu took a report Saturday on the theft of mail from a mailbox in the 1700 block of Woodridge.
• Cantu was on patrol Saturday when she saw a bicyclist being chased by two dogs. Cantu issued a citation to the dogs' owner for animals running at large.
• Bowman was dispatched Saturday to the 2300 block of First, where a man and a woman said they were assaulted by another man who also broke out three windows in a home.
• Lee was dispatched Saturday to the 500 block of Seventh on a report that two televisions and an air conditioner were stolen, and a suspect was identified.
• Lee was dispatched Sunday to the 1100 block of Irma on an assault report. Lee arrested Patricia Chancellor, 36, of Brownwood, on an assault charge.
• Cpl. Richard Williams took a report Saturday from a woman who said she was assault din the 2500 block of Belle Plain, and a suspect was named.
• Officer Dustin Bode was dispatched Saturday to the 1200 block of Crothers on a report of a sexual assault of a child. A suspect was named.
Others booked into the Brown County Jail between 8 a.m. Friday and 8 a.m. Monday were:
David Clark, 52, Brownwood, DWI.
Charles Croft, 59, Brownwood, motion to revoke for DWI.
Gerald Cupp, 54, May, failure to appear, possession of drug paraphernalia, driving with invalid license.
Dustin Dobbins, 24, Brownwood, DWI second.
Jessica Dunklin, 31, Kingsland, failure to appear, traffic warrant.
Herman Dunlap, 64, Zephyr, DWI.
Trequawin Edwards, 18, Brownwood, disorderly conduct.
William Groves,38, Lampasas, possession of marijuana under 2 ounces, driving with invalid license.
Michael Howard, 31, Brownwood, theft.
Nicholous, Hutchison, 30, Brownwood, driving with invalid license.
Derrick Jackson, 27, White House, driving with invalid license.
Britney Newton, 20, Brownwood, possession of a controlled substance.
Gilberto Ortiz-Zamarripa, 22, Brownwood, interfering with emergency call.
Albert Salazar, 28, Brownwood, failure to identify fugitive, criminal nonsupport.
Kayla Schultz, 19, Coleman, theft.
Nathan Thompson, 20, Boswell, public intoxication.
Kamron Thornhill, 32, Breckenridge, public intoxication.