A woman removing laundry from a clothesline outside a Brownwood apartment complex found $800, all in twenty-dollar bills inside a bank envelope, and turned the money over to a Brownwood police officer.
According to a report by officer Zane Taylor:
Taylor was dispatched to the Law Enforcement Center Sunday afternoon, where he met with the 53-year-old woman who had found the money. The woman handed Taylor a sack that contained the bank envelope with the cash.
Taylor and Cpl. Stephanie Morgan counted the money and placed it in evidence lockers. Police will try to find the money's owner, Assistant Police Chief James Fuller said.
In other incidents:
• Officer Jesse Mares was dispatched Saturday night to the 300 block of Bluffview on a report of a large party with minors. A caller said people were on a balcony, drinking alcoholic beverages and possibly smoking narcotics. Mares arrested Stevie Rose, 23, of Brownwood, and Shantel Ware, 18, of Brownwood, on charges of making alcohol available to a minor.
• Officer Kelly Barclay was dispatched Sunday to the 2000 block of Main Boulevard, where a Winchester Model 94 30-30 rifle was taken from an unlocked vehicle. No suspect was named.
• Cpl. Richard Williams took a report Wednesday a vehicle burglary in which a Remington .25-06 rifle was stolen.
• Officer Bruce Spruill was dispatched Sunday to the 300 block of Center, where decorations — a white and blue elephant and white and blue ceramic pot, both 1 1/2 feet tall — were taken from the area near the front door.
• Spruill was on patrol in the area of Fourth and Roselawn Friday night when he saw a pickup pass a vehicle at high speed. Spruill activated his patrol car's emergency lights and siren and tried to stop the pickup. Spruill located what he believed to be the pickup later, police said.
• Mares was dispatched Sunday to the 1300 block of Fourth, where a woman said a man entered her home and stole money.
• Sgt. Mitch Slaymaker was dispatched Saturday to the 1500 block of Magnolia on a domestic disturbance. Slaymaker arrested Shanelle Reynolds, 22, of Brownwood, on an assault charge.
• Mares was dispatched Saturday to the 1200 block of Hawkins, where a car hit a post and a tree. The driver was issued several citations.
• Mares made a traffic stop Friday in the 2100 block of Sixth and arrested Joseph Maxwell, 48, of Brownwood, on a DWI charge.
• Officer Robert Lee was dispatched Wednesday to the 200 block of Commerce, where a motorist said her vehicle was rear-ended in a hit-and-run accident.
• Officer Anna Sturgeon was dispatched Friday to the 2200 block of Temple, where a minibike with two flat tires was stolen from a carport.
• Officer Walker Willey was dispatched Wednesday with firefighters and Guardian EMS to the 300 block of West Anderson on a report of an unresponsive male. The male was taken to the emergency room, and Willey was told he had smoked an illegal substance. Willey issued a citation to a female for possession of drug paraphernalia.
Others booked into the Brown County Jail between 8 a.m. Wednesday and 8 a.m. Monday were:
Anthony Anderson, 49, Brownwood, theft of service.
Cory Baker, 22, Early, theft of service.
Mandy Barker, 21, Deleon, theft of service.
Jay Brown, 61, Brownwood, delivery of a controlled substance.
Diane Graham, 53, Gardendale, possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana under 2 ounces, possession of drug paraphernalia.
Marcus Gray, 32, Abilene, possession of marijuana under 2 ounces.
Gregory Hawkins, 19, Lubbock, minor in possession, possession of a dangerous drug, possession of marijuana under 2 ounces.
Russell Jones, 39, assault, motion to revoke for DWI third, failure to identify, DWI.
Antonio Martinez, 19, Lubbock, possession of marijuana under 2 ounces.
Jasmine Phillips, 21, Brownwood, failure to appear for organized retail theft.
Colton Roberts, 18, Bangs, ride not secure, violating promise to appear.
Jesus Rodriguez, 53, Brownwood, tall grass.
Delbert Russell Jr., 18, Merkle, public intoxication.
Odis Strasser, 56, Brownwood, manufacture or delivery of a controlled substance, delivery of a dangerous drug.
Hardy Worsham, 19, Coleman, DWI.