Members of the board of directors of Brown County Water Improvement District No. 1 are expected to approve the drilling of a test well in an effort to find underground water as an as alternate water source, as well as approve a drilling contractor for the aforementioned well.
The meeting is slated for 5 p.m. Tuesday at the water district office, 501 E. Baker.
The compete agenda is as follows:
1. Call to order;
2. Pledge of Allegiance;
4. Approval of minutes of regular meeting held on Feb. 2;
5. Approval of claims and accounts report;
6. Approval of investment and financial reports;
7. Citizens presentations: Any citizen desiring to address the board of directors regarding a matter not included on the agenda may do so at this time. The board of directors may not deliberate on items presented during this agenda item. To comply with the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, the board of directors respectfully requests that prior to addressing the board, each person submit a citizen presentation form located in the entrance to the lobby, stating your name, address and topic of presentation. All presentations are subject to a five minute time limit;
8. Hear a report from Cody York with the Natural Resource Conservation Service regarding brush control projects on the Lake Brownwood watershed;
9. Discuss and take necessary action on a test well drilling site;
10. Discuss and take necessary action regarding bids for a drilling contractor;
11. Discuss and take necessary action regarding property insurance for Kirkland Dock;
12. Updates regarding lake levels and treatment plant project;