Brownwood Police Department is investigating several burglaries and thefts including a home, business and motor vehicle.
Officers responded to a business north of Brownwood Sunday in reference to lost property. After a short investigation, the property was determined to have been stolen and a report was made.
Property listed as stolen included four packages of cigarettes, $20 cash, a $40 Walmart gift card, a checkbook, several items of jewelry and four bottles of prescription medication.
In other incidents:
• Officer Eric Joshua was dispatched to Walmart on Friday in reference to a theft of $992.54 worth of merchandise, including clothing, beer, toiletries, snack foods and an assortment of other items.
• Brownwood Officer Doug Hurt was dispatched to Walmart on Saturday in reference to a man and women attempting to leave the store without paying for $394.40 of merchandise in their shopping cart.
• Hurt was dispatched to the 1000 block of Belle Plain Ave. in reference to an unwanted person.
• Joshua was dispatched to the 2200 block of Ninth Street in reference to a burglary of a motor vehicle. A report was made and charges will be pursued if the subject is found.
• Officer Robert Lee was dispatched to the 900 block of Crothers in reference to a burglary of a habitation where a man reported several appliances were stolen from the home left to him by his deceased mother.
• Hurt was dispatched to an apartment in the 2000 block of Brady Ave. where a man reported someone entered his apartment without his consent and stole money. Hurt reported that entry into the apartment was made by kicking the locked door, which broke the door jam.
• Brownwood Officer Brandon Miller was dispatched to the 2500 block of Belle Plain Ave. in reference to criminal mischief where a man reported his ex-girlfriend slashed the tires on his current girlfriend’s car.
• Officer Bruce Spruill was dispatched to Food Plaza #3 in reference to a theft where a woman attempted to steal beer inside the girls restroom located inside the store.
Others booked into the Brown County Jail between 8 a.m. Thursday and 8 a.m. Monday were:
Jerry Douglas Allen Jr., 25, Brownwood, public intoxication.
Alvin Eugene Anderson, Brownwood, J&S appeal, possession of marijuana less than 2 ounces.
Jody Duvall Burns, 20, Brownwood, theft of firearm.
Nathan Brian Castaneda, 23, Early, assault, strangulation, aggravated assault causing serve bodily injury, abandon endangerment of a child, interference with emergency call and violation of probation (Polk County).
Caleb William Coronado, 21, Bangs, terroristic threat, bond withdrawal.
Viola Goodman Diaz, 51, Bangs, use of wireless device in school zone.
Jesus Sierra Linan, 45, Brownwood, assault causing bodily injury.
Jeremy David McCutchen, 32, Putman, motion to revoke probation/DWI.
Thomas Reed Stewart, 40, Brownwood, public intoxication.
Tristan Miles Tomme, 29, Bangs, DWI third or more.
Rebecca Bacon, 25, Brownwood, theft of property greater than $50 less $500, public intoxication.
Melissa Sue Benson, 31, Brownwood, bond withdrawal.
Stephen Ramiro Coronado, 21, Goldthwaite, public intoxication.
Hallie Shae Crouch, 17, Brownwood, theft less than $50, resisting arrest, search or transport.
Zachary Delarosa, 18, Early, motion to adjudicate possession of marijuana less than two ounces
Jonathan Joseph Dillard, 26, Brownwood, cruelty to non-livestock animals, failure to turn self in.
Jon M. Ereman, 32, Brownwood, DWI.
Lionel Dion Harling, 26, Brownwood, possession of marijuana less than two ounces in drug-free zone, motion to adjudicate
Melissa Kay Hutson, 33, Early, criminal mischief greater than $50 less than $500.
Debra Kay Lowrey, 40, Brownwood, possession of drug paraphernalia, failure to appear.
Jerry Doyle Marney, 19, Brownwood, felon in possession of firearm.
Antonio Martinez Jr., 21, Brownwood, criminal trespassing.
Brenda Loraine Kilgore Salazar, 52, Blanket, theft of property greater than $500 less than $1,500.
Theodore Lindsey Swanson, 37, Brownwood, theft of property greater than $50 less than $500, public intoxication, disorderly conduct.
Joshua L. Timms, 31, Brownwood, public intoxication.
Heidi Valley, 37, driving with invalid license.
Anessa Vielma, 22, Brownwood, cruelty to animals.