Law enforcement officials responded to several weekend incidents involving domestic disturbances and other assaults.
Brownwood officers Kim Cantu and Doug Hurt were dispatched Sunday to Texas Express, 1300 Belle Plain, on a domestic disturbance call. The woman allegedly involved in the disturbance, Erica Holmes, had a outstanding assault warrant, Cantu's and Hurt's reports state.
Hurt told the woman she was being arrested, and the woman tried to kick Hurt and yelled she wanted to die, reports state. The officers got the woman into Hurt's patrol car, and the woman began bashing her head on a metal piece that hold the partition between the front and rear seats in place. Her head began bleeding and Guardian EMS took the woman to Brownwood Regional Medical Center.
After she was medically cleared, Hurt arrested Holmes, 22, of Early, on charges of violating a protective order and resisting arrest, and on the outstanding warrant.
In other incidents:
• Cpl. Aaron Taylor was dispatched Saturday to the 300 block of North Main on a domestic disturbance call. Taylor arrested Shalee Riddles, 19, of Brownwood, on an assault charge and issued criminal trespass warnings to several people.
• Office Brandon Miller was dispatched Friday to the 800 block of West Commerce on a domestic disturbance call. Miller arrested a juvenile.
• Deputy John Harper took a report from a woman who said she was walking home from a store Sunday when a man followed her, overtook her and pushed her down in a field across from Waco Street.
• Deputy Jim Cornelius took a report from a woman who said her brother-in-law, who lives next door, threatened her and made offensive gestures in a public place.
• Deputy Robert Ramirez was dispatched Saturday to the 1700 block of Avenue D, where a woman said her 18-year-old son assaulted her in the county.
• Deputy Shade Tidwell heard Brownwood officers being radioed about a domestic disturbance that occurred at Stripe's Convenience Store on West Commerce. Tidwell stopped a vehicle in connection with the incident and arrested Joel Adame, 22, of Lubbock, on charges of resisting arrest and driving with an invalid license.
Others booked into the Brown County Jail between 8 a.m. Friday and 8 a.m. Monday were:
Tammy Golden, 40, Golden, possession of marijuana.
Nicki King, 55, Brownwood, bond withdrawals for DWI, forgery and debit card abuse.
Kevin Lee, 37, Quanah, assault.
Ross McCoy, 23, Angleton, money laundering.
Reynaldo Mendoza, 19, Brownwood, driving with invalid license.
Stacye Ruiz, 29, Brownwood, fraud.
Stacy Torres, 42, Brownwood, DWI.
Trevino Gilbert, 36, Brownwood, DWI.
Jacquelin Valdez, 37, Santa Anna, possession of a controlled substance, bail jumping, failure to identify, unauthorized use of a vehicle, bond withdrawals for possession of a controlled substance and forgery.
Emilio Vasquez, 58, Thrall, possession of marijuana, possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia.