With blood running down his face and one eye nearly closed, a 67-year-old Bangs man who is a recovering stroke victim told a deputy his son assaulted him after he told the younger man to move out, a deputy's report states.
Cary Wolf, 47, remained jailed Wednesday on a charge of injury to an elderly person. Wolf's bond was set at $15,000, Brown County Jail records state.
According to deputy John Harper's report:
Harper was dispatched Monday morning to a home on County Road 153, where the 67-year-old man said he'd gone to his son's room and told his son to be out by Thursday. The older man said his son attacked him, striking him repeatedly in the face. The younger man told Harper his father had struck him first.
In other incidents:
• Brownwood officer Sky Self was dispatched early Wednesday morning to the 500 block of East Commerce on a hit-and-run call. Self arrested Shannon Nelson, 34, of Early, on charges of DWI and accident involving damage to vehicle.
• Detective Brian Tompkins was informed by police Sgt. James Kidd of a possible indecency with a child incident at a church function.
• Officer Steve Woodard was dispatched Monday to the 300 block of Center, where a woman said another woman was harassing her about their mutual friendship with a male neighbor.
• Officer Kelly Barclay was dispatched Tuesday to the 1600 block of Eighth on a report of an aggressive dog running loose. The owner was cited.
• Barclay was dispatched Tuesday to the 2700 block of Greenway on a report that $420 was stolen from a vehicle.
• Officer Zane Taylor was dispatched to a business Monday on a report of a counterfeit bill.
• Taylor took a report Monday from a man who said an expensive ice chest was taken from the bed of his pickup at the rodeo arena.
• Taylor was dispatched Tuesday to the 1100 block of West Baker on a report of a stolen iPod.
• Officer Jesse Mares was dispatched Tuesday to the 2200 block of 12th, where jewelry, a laptop computer and an unknown amount of change were taken in a burglary.
• Officer Eric Joshua took a report Wednesday from a male who said five other males had assaulted him.
• Woodard was dispatched Monday to Walmart, where two shoplifters were detained. Woodard arrested Shannon Brincefield, 51, of Brownwood, and Terrie Lemmons, 50, of Blanket, on theft charges. Lemmons was also charged with criminal trespass.
• Sgt. Art Shannon met with a woman Tuesday who said someone had tried to contact her via social media, violating a protective order.
Others booked into the Brown County Jail between 8 a.m. Monday and 8 a.m. Wednesday were:
Adam Castillo, 19, Brownwood, traffic warrants and failure to appear.
Amanda Crisp, 35, Brownwood, non-payment of child support.
Sonja Nelson, 27, Bangs, motion to adjudicate for injury to a child.
Daniel Welch, 30, Brownwood, assault family violence.
Kevin Baker, 40, Bangs, failure to appear for non-support.
Kayla Browne, 22, Brady, motion to adjudicate for possession of a controlled substance.
Mark Johnson, 17, Brownwood, assault, interfering with emergency call.
Jerry Marney, 20, Brownwood, bond withdrawal for unlawful possession of firearm by felon.
Jessica McClurg, 17, Brownwood, assault public servant.