Leaving the scene of one crime and returning to another did not end very well for one Brownwood man.
An off-duty police officer observed Jeffery Beck, 24, Brownwood, strike a vehicle near Commerce and Main and leave the scene of the incident without exchanging information with the driver of the other vehicle.
The officer followed Beck as he drove away from the scene, arresting him in the parking lot of a business on Commerce. While detained, the officer was informed Beck had an active trespass warrant for that property. Beck was arrested and booked into the Brown County Jail.
In other incidents:
• Officers responded to a theft call in the 3400 block of U.S. Highway 377. An observant store clerk recorded the vehicle description and license plate information regarding a suspect who had taken items from the store.
• Two vehicles in the same driveway were burglarized in the 2400 block of Belmeade. Several items were taken.
• Two tires were punctured in the 1500 block of Terrace Dr.
• Two reports were taken regarding two motor vehicle burglaries occurred. Several items were taken in both incidents, including credit cards, a checkbook and a printer.
• Officers responded to a home burglary in the 1500 block of Terrace Dr. While the homeowners were visiting family out of state, two televisions and a video game system, totaling roughly $850 were taken.