If the nature of the items they attempted to steal are any indication, two would-be shoplifters were apparently concerned for their hygiene, appearance and comfort, and possibly had work to do.
The two fled in a vehicle after they were confronted Sunday, leaving behind items including a toothbrush, mouthwash, a comb, an axe and axe box, gloves, thermal underwear, a comforter, several food items, wind chimes, ornaments and a travel mug, a report by officer Anna Sturgeon states.
In an unrelated theft at Walmart, officer Kelly Barclay was dispatched to the store Friday, where he arrested Amanda Bramlett, 27, of Comanche, on a theft charge. The arrest was in connection with the attempted theft of $573 worth of merchandise, Barclay's report states.
In other incidents:
• Brownwood officer Sky Self was dispatched early Monday morning to the 1700 block of Magnolia on a report of an unwanted person. Self took a report on a man who was failing to comply with residency requirements of a sex offender.
• Barclay was dispatched Friday to the 800 block of Center, where a building sustained more than $5,000 in damage after being struck by a hit-and-run vehicle.
• Cpl. Stephanie Morgan took a report Friday from someone who said an individual is fraudulently using government assistance and child support.
• Officer Anna Sturgeon was dispatched Friday to Brookeshire's, where she cited a woman for theft under $50.
• Morgan took a report Friday from a woman who said her neighbor made a threatening gesture after she reported being bitten by the neighbor's dog.
• Deputy Jim Cornelius took a report from a woman who said a man has violated an emergency protection order by texting and calling her.
• Deputy Robert Ramirez took a report from a woman who said a man has been bothering her.
Others booked into the Brown County Jail between 8 a.m. Friday and 8 a.m. Monday were:
John Armendarez, 29, Brownwood, bond withdrawals for unlawful carrying weapon, manufacture or delivery of controlled substance, possession of a firearm by a felon.
Julian Carbajal, 24, Austin, possession of a controlled substance, possession of a dangerous drug, unlawful carrying weapon.
James Clemons, 64, Early, terroristic threat.
Jonathan Eisenhauer, 30, Brownwood, possession of a controlled substance, evidence tampering.
Richard Hathcock Jr., 33, Early, resisting arrest, DWI.
Ashley Lawson, 25, Brownwood, assault.
Trey Parrish, 23, Lubbock, possession of dangerous drug, possession of controlled substance, motion to revoke for aggravated assault.
Kevin Ragsdale, 35, Waxahachie, bond withdrawal for theft by check.
Colby Thompson, 29, Early, repeated violation of bond.