A shoplifter managed to get away from Brookshire's employees after biting one of them and fled in a vehicle occupied by another person, Brownwood police said. A suspect has been identified.
The shoplifting occurred Sunday, and items the shoplifter, a female, tried to steal were recovered in the parking lot.
In other theft or burglary cases involving Brownwood police:
• Police were dispatched Sunday to the 2400 block of Songbird Circle, where a wallet was stolen and later recovered. The money that had been in the wallet was gone.
• Police were dispatched Friday to the 2700 block of Southside, where bank checks, a memory card, a cell phone and a driver's license had been taken.
• Police were dispatched Friday to the 2300 block of Main Boulevard on a report that a housecleaner tried to steal several DVDs and consumable goods. A suspect was arrested.
• Police were dispatched Friday to the 1100 block of Morris on a report that tools and loose change were taken from an unlocked vehicle.
Brownwood police also responded to incidents including:
• Police were dispatched Sunday to the 1500 block of Market Place on a report of a runaway juvenile. The juvenile was located and "began to evade," and was placed in custody.
• Police were dispatched Sunday to the 2600 block of Surrey on a report of an unwanted person. A woman said a man exposed himself and poured a beverage on her vehicle.
• Police were dispatched Friday to the 2300 block of Austin on an assault report.
• Police made a traffic stop Friday in the 1700 block of Third. The driver got out and ran on foot, and was apprehended a short time later.