According to Brownwood police:
Officers with the Brownwood Police Department responded to a southside apartment at 2801 Southside regarding a reported domestic disturbance.
Upon arrival, officers observed a small group of three to four subjects in front of the described apartment. As the officers approached the apartment they made contact with the subjects who identified 20-year-old Devin Brumbelow of Brownwood as the suspect of an assault. Officers observed obvious signs of an assault as they conducted their investigation.
Brumbelow was then observed walking in the complex. As the officers approached Brumbelow and identified themselves as police officers, he fled from them into a wooded area south of the complex.
A brief search ensued and Brumbelow, 20, of Brownwood, was located and arrested for evading arrest/detention and assault causing bodily injury.
• Theft — Nelson Wholesale recently acquired a new customer who has failed to pay for a product which totaled $13,205.
• Criminal mischief, theft — 700 block of Almond.
• Auto burglary — 2800 block of Southside.
• Hit and run — 3300 block of Austin.
• Hit and run — 700 block of Almond.
• Hit and run — 1500 block of Austin.
• Burglary with intent to commit assault — 1700 block of Fort Worth.
• Forgery — 200 block of East Commerce.