Carbon monoxide poisoning cause of deaths due to propane heaters with no ventilation

At 1:09 p.m. Saturday, Brown County Sheriff’s deputies responded to a deer camp located between Brownwood and Bangs, where the bodies of three deceased males were discovered inside a box trailer that had been converted into a cabin.

“Carbon monoxide poisoning is the cause of death,” according to a press release by Sheriff Vance Hill. “Propane heaters with no ventilation in the cabin was the source of the poisoning.”

All three males are believed to be from the same family, extending three generations, according to a press release by Sheriff Vance Hill. Ages are from early teens to 69, and names were not being released pending positive identification and notification of next of kin.

The press release added at least one of the individuals resided in Brown County.

“This is a very tragic loss. Our prayers are with family and friends,” Hill said in the press release. “I want to caution everyone about this, ventilation is necessary when using these types of heaters in confined places. Carbon monoxide detectors are very inexpensive to purchase.”