Demonstrations of techniques again scheduled each weekday
Art works selected for the 20th annual Stars of Texas Juried Art Exhibit were hung on walls and put on display this week as preparations wrap up for the two-week show.
The exhibit will open to the public at 1 p.m. Sunday at The Depot Civic and Cultural Center. No admission is charged.
The exhibit will be open from Sunday through Saturday, Feb. 17. Hours will be 1 to 4 p.m. Sundays; 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays, Monday through Friday; and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays. A second exhibit featuring works that were submitted, but not selected by the juror for the primary show, will be held during the same hours at the Brownwood Art Center, 215 Fisk.
Meanwhile, the line-up is complete for 10 days of demonstrations conducted by talented artists who will showcase various techniques to those visiting the exhibit. Demonstrations will be ongoing each weekday throughout the two-week Stars of Texas Juried Art Exhibit.
The complete schedule of artists who will be conducting demonstrations — three daily, simultaneously between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday through Friday both weeks — was announced this week by the Stars of Texas committee.
The schedule of artists scheduled to presents demonstration follows:
• Monday, Feb. 5 — Linda Eggleston, oil painting; Brenda Shaw, acrylic painting; and Thomas Pettengill, photography.
• Tuesday, Feb. 6 — Susan Stepp, artist trading cards; Robert Stacks, wood cutting designs; and Billy Edwards, airbrush.
• Wednesday, Feb. 7 — Kenneth Dees, quick portrait sketching; Lark Terry, soap making; and J B Taylor, painting and finishing cast art pieces.
• Thursday, Feb. 8 — Claudette West, pastel painting;
Jonathan Ceniceros, ink and watercolor wash; and Larry Ballard, wood hand carving.
• Friday, Feb. 9 — Ginger Test, watercolor painting; Sleepy Gomez, 3D collage; and Tammy Barr, metal clay jewelry.
• Monday, Feb. 12 — Robert Priddy, color pencil; Julie Mize, artist books; and Frankie Hodges, knife making.
• Tuesday, Feb. 13 — Brenda Goldston, portraits in watercolor; Jeremy Serna, acrylic painting; and Paula Vaughn, oil painting.
• Wednesday, Feb. 14 — Paige Shelton, pottery; R J Barnett, linoleum prints; and Molly Gore Merck, stained glass mosaics.
• Thursday, Feb. 15 — Paige Shelton, pottery; Betsy Johnson, painting rocks and gourds; and Tina Howard, working poured metal (bronze).
• Friday, Feb. 16 — Jackie McMullen, pastel painting; Christopher Gaston, digital art; and Tom Orsark, acrylic painting.