Following an inaugural year in which 405 businesses were awarded or recognized, the Best of Brown County Readers' Choice Awards are back.
In a change to procedure this year, those who submit nominations and vote for their favorites can only do so once. Nominating a business multiple times or casting more than one vote in a category has been prohibited.
The nomination period begins Saturday, March 24 and runs through Saturday, April 11. Businesses that are not nominated by April 11 will be ineligible for the contest. To nominate an entry or cast a vote visit the ballot page brownwoodtx.com/bestofbrowncounty, enter an email address and create a password to register. Then submit the name of the business in one of the 175 available categories this year, and that business is officially nominated.
After nominations are turned in, the five entries with the most nominations in each category will advance to the voting round. After the top five are tabulated, voting to decide the Best of Brown County will take place May 12-26. The winners will then be revealed during a grand gala event at the Brownwood Coliseum, sponsored by the Bulletin, on July 14.
Businesses who would like to promote themselves in the Best of Brown County contest may also purchase advertising, though it is not a requirement. All votes in the Best of Brown County Readers' Choice Awards are tallied by Second Street promotions.
Among the prizes for businesses are voted Best of Brown County in a respective category are:
• 50 percent off any retail advertising ad
• 15 percent off any print or digital ads that run a six-month or longer schedule, which will display Readers Choice Winners Logo in them.
• 75 percent off a year-long subscription for you or your business.
• a free digital audit of your website.
• 25 percent off a year-long, new subscription for your family and friends.
• 50 percent off classified employment ad.
• free online reputation monitoring for one year (a $660 value).
Do you have a favorite restaurant, park, church, bank or auto parts store? Who provides the best customer service, education or daycare? Would you rather spend your free time entertained by a movie, concert, play or ball game?
Let your voice be heard in the Best of the Brown County.