A Brownwood woman who was arrested May 1 on a public intoxication charge was back in jail three days later on an allegation that she fired several shots from a small caliber pistol in her neighborhood.
Julie Gotcher, 53, told police she accidentally fired several shots at her residence and left intentionally before officers arrived, a police report states.
Officers were dispatched Friday afternoon to the 1400 block of Main Boulevard on a report of shots fired.
Officers found Gotcher in a nearby parking lot and located a .380 caliber pistol.
Gotcher was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct — discharge of a rirearm and unlawful carrying of a weapon, Brown CountyJail records state. Gotcher is free on bonds totaling $4,500.
In other incidents:
• Criminal mischief — 1100 block of Duke
• Assault — 3500 block of Fourth, officer spoke with complainant, witness, suspect. Report generated.
• Burglary of a habitation — 2700 block of Hillsboro, officer spoke with complainant and witness.
• Theft — 2000 block of Austin
• Animal at large — Milton/Washington, two dogs at large attacked livestock.
• Assault — 1900 block of Avenue D.
• Theft of firearm — 3600 block of Rhodes.
• Animal at large — 2500 block of Vincent, citation issued.
• Harassment — 1400 block of Austin, arrested Roy Reynolds, 41, Brownwood, on public intoxication charge.
• Assault — 2700 block of Avenue D, officers responded to disturbance.
• DWI — 100 block of Holcomb, officer responded to a suspicious call, arrested subject for DWI
• Traffic stop — 2200 block of 12th, arrested subject for possession of marijuana, evidence tampering, possession of a controlled substance
• Traffic stop — Durham and Irma, arrested subject for possession of a controlled substance
• Criminal mischief — 3700 block of Austin
• Disorderly conduct — 500 block of East Commerce, subject arrested for disorderly conduct — loud and profane language, public intoxication and resisting arrest.
• Traffic stop — 1800 block of Coggin, arrested Charles Browne, 31, of Brownwood, on DWI charge.