A 20-year-old Brownwood woman remained jailed Monday on a allegation that assaulted a male with a beer bottle, causing multiple lacerations.
Nikita Martinez was booked into the Brown County Jail on a charge of aggravated assault causing serious bodily injury, jail records state.
According to an email from Brownwood police:
Officers responded at 10:30 p.m. to the 2600 block of Hillsboro on a report of a citizens dispute and located a male with multiple lacerations on his head, arms and chest. The male appeared intoxicated but was able to explain what had occurred prior to Lifeguard Ambulance transporting him to Brownwood Regional Medical Center.
A victim and a witness identified Martinez, who was also intoxicated, as the suspect and located her at an adjacent residence.
Officers learned Martinez and several others were drinking alcoholic beverages at the residence. Officers were told a female retrieved a beer bottle and smashed it over the victim’s head.
Multiple beer bottles were then used, which caused the lacerations and severe bleeding about the victim’s body.
In other incidents:
Friday, April 11
• Assault — 1500 block of Davis, female assaulted by her sister.
• Animal at large — 2600 block of Avenue B, three dogs at large, citation issued.
• Burglary of vehicle — 1700 block of Avenue B.
• Assault — 2000 block of Brady, known male taken into custody.
• Theft — 2300 block of Durham.
Saturday, May 12
• Theft — Walmart, one subject arrested.
Sunday, May 13
• Theft — Walmart.
• Family violence/theft — 1500 block of Terrace.
• Criminal mischief — 400 block of East Commerce.