Brownwood City Council members will “discuss and consider times of city council meetings” when they meet at 9 a.m. Tuesday, an agenda item states.
Citizens have noted on social media that many people are unable to attend council meetings because they are at work. Council meetings currently are scheduled for 9 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month.
Council member Ed McMillian said at the May 8 council meeting that he would like the council to consider having a night meeting once a quarter. Previously when the council had night meetings, attendance was lower than it currently is during the mid-morning meetings, McMillian said.
In other business, council members will:
• Consider ratifying earlier Brownwood Municipal Development District action for a Building Improvement Incentive Grant for Scott Callison/CrossFit Brownwood for up to $15,000.
• Consider ratifying BMDD action for an economic development incentive to pay for half the cost of a 16-inch cast iron water line on a 1.9-acre tract being sold to Starr Sales, in an amount up to $10,775, contingent on Starr Sales closing on the property.
• Consider ratifying BMDD action for a contract with Don Hatcher for civil engineering, surveying and rezoning work to be done in conjunction with the designation of 37acres from the BMDD’s 124-acre tract as residential property, in an amount up to $25,000.
• Consider an ordinance on second and third/final readings changing the zoning on a 232-foot-by-75-foot parcel of land at 109 W. Ninth from M-1 Restricted Industrial to MH Manufactured Home/Mobile Home District.
• Consider an ordinance on second and third/final reading regulating the use of vehicles and motorized sport vehicles in city parks.
• Discuss Shepherd vs. City of Brownwood settlement offer in closed session.