Friday, May 25
• Assault by threat — CR 135. Deputies responded to a civil matter. A highly intoxicated male attempted to fight his family and deputies, who were on scene. Due to his mental state, his intoxication and his current attitude, Emilio Rangel, 24, was arrested for assault by threat to prevent any further family violence from occurring.
• Burglary of habitation — Deputy Stephen Thompson was dispatched on a report that unknown actors forced entry into a home and stole items.
• Fraud — CR 315. Sgt. Pete Bastardo, spoke with male who reported identity theft. The male found three entries that did not belong on his credit report along with several recent inquires. There are no suspects to list.
Saturday, May 26
• Information report — Bayside/Lakeshore.Deputy Jose Rodriguez was dispatched on an accident call in which a golf cart was turned over on its side, and no occupants were found on scene at that time.
Sunday, May 27
• Fire information report — FM 2525. Simpson responded to a house fire at 7:22 p.m. and shut down the road with with assistance from Early police and Texas Highway Patrol. shut down FM 2525 for fire personal safety. The fire was put out around 1:17 a.m. Fire Marshall Preston said the owner believes the fire started from him parking the lawnmower in the garage.
• Arson — West Main Boulevard, deputy Jose Rodriguez was dispatched on a report of a structure fire that was possibly intentionally started by an individual.
Monday, May 28
• Narcotics — Highway 279. Deputies Marvin Simpson, Kaleb Hopson and Cpl. Joe Thomas responded after off-duty Cpl. Taylor Fletcher had a male subject detained for narcotics. Corrections officer Amanda Goodwin was on scene and helping Fletcher detain the subject. Also on scene was off-duty dispatcher Callie Jackson.
Fletcher said the male, James Reynolds, was asking for directions when he dropped a yellow baggie on the ground. Fletcher advised the male he was an off-duty deputy and detained him. The white crystalline substance in the yellow baggie tested positive for methamphetamine and weighed 1.7 grams. Reynolds, 64, of Bangs, was arrested on a charge of possession of a controlled substance.
• Theft of service — Flagship Inn. Hopson, responded to a report that an unknown male had been using the inn’s Dumpster service. The incident is still being investigated.
• Burglary of vehicle — Ardee Drive. Deputy Stephen Thompson was dispatched on a report that unknown actors stole a battery charger and tool box from a vehicle and carport.