73, 75 — Brownwood City Council members will consider awarding a bid Tuesday to Ribble Concrete and Land Construction for curb and gutter work along the entrance to Gordon Wood Stadium off Calvert, which the city is rebuilding.
Brownwood City Council members will take up several matters when they meet at 9 a.m. Tuesday including a review of a proposed traffic plan in front of East Elementary School
No action will be taken when council members review the plan, and a come-and-go public information session will be held from 4-6 p.m. Tuesday, June 26, at the school. The city and Brownwood school district seek input from residents, and the proposed plan will be posted on city and school district websites for review and comments.
Following the public information session and online feedback, staff will present the council and school district with a summary of public input and a finalized plan for consideration. If approved, the work will be completed before school starts in August.
According to an agenda item briefing sheet:
The school district asked the city to assist in evaluating traffic around East Elementary and developing a traffic flow to improve safety and efficiency. With the input of the city, school district, police department and Texas Department of Public Safety, the proposed plan includes:
• Northbound one-way traffic on Vincent between Roanoke and Idlewild to allow students to be dropped off and picked up from the passenger side of vehicles.
• Through-lane for motorists on Vincent who are not dropping off students.
• Four-way stop at Idlewild and Vincent to prevent excessive lines of vehicles on Vincent and to allow drivers to exit the school area efficiently.
• Nine additional parking spaces will be gained on Vincent Street with restriping.
In other business, council members will:
• Consider purchase of equipment and and repairs for Utility Fund departments totaling $48,000, with funds to come from the sale of equipment in the departments.
• Consider accepting a petition from Micam Development to annex just under 110 acres into the city limits, and calling for two public hearings on the annexation petition.
The city has met with Jim Martin and his partners regarding a proposed development north of Market Place Boulevard. Micam Development and MD2 Acquisitions own 120 acres in the area, and 109.67 acres are outside city limits. The owners wish to have the property annexed to receive city services.
• Consider awarding a $59,450 bid to Ribble Concrete and Land Construction for curb and gutter work on the entrance into Gordon Wood Stadium off Calvert. The city’s Street Department is rebuilding the entrance and is preparing the base for installation of curb and gutter.
The funds for the project are from the 2016 Bond Funds.
• The council will meet in executive session to discuss Shepherd vs. City of Brownwood. Council members may take action including possible approval of an agreement to repair the storm drainage pipe after reconvening into open session.