EARLY — Early police are investigating a burglary that occurred earlier this week in which a cutting torch was used to cut into a money box.
According to an email from Early police:
The burglary occurred at the laser car was in the 500 block of Early Boulevard sometime Monday night or Tuesday morning.
One or more burglars forced entry into the office and brought in a cutting torch on a dolly to cut into the money boxes. The office was ransacked and the burglar(s) gained access to one of the money boxes with the cutting torch. The burglars(s) unsuccessfully attempted to cut into another money box and then left the cutting torch at the scene.
Officers believe the cutting torch was also stolen from another location but may not be reported at this time. Anyone who may lost a cutting torch recently in a theft or burglary is encouraged to contact the Early Police department at 325-646-5322.
Early police blotter
Wednesday, June 27
• Alarm — 100 block of East Industrial. Building secure.
• Domestic disturbance —1500 block of Bluebonnet, agency assist.
• Unwanted person — 200 block of Garmon, subject given criminal trespass warning.
• Parking violation — 100 block of Trailer.
• Medical emergency — 800 block of Scarlet. Lifeguard transported.
• Reckless driver — 1000 block of Early Boulevard. Officers checked the area, unable to locate.
• Alarm — 200 block of Early Boulevard, building secure.
Thursday, June 28
• Alarm — 1100 block of Early Boulevard, building secure.
• Civil matter — phone call. Caller had questions about child custody.
• Medical Emergency — 100 block of Allen Drive. Lifeguard transported.
• Medical emergency — 200 bloc koi Live Oak. Lifeguard transported.
• Animal Complaint — 100 block of Nottingham Oaks. Caller stated had a skunk in his yard. Gone on officer’s arrival.
• Accident — 900 block of Early Boulevard, Fire/EMS responded. Two vehicles. Lifeguard transported. Citation issued to at-fault driver.
Friday, June 29
• Fight — 100 block of Salt Creek Drive, two males fighting in residence. One male arrested for assault family violence.
• Traffic stop — 300 block of Early Boulevard, driver arrested for possession of marijuana.
Saturday, June 30
• Accident — Early Boulevard/C.C. Woodson. Minor accident, no injuries. Citation issued to at-fault driver.
• Civil matter — 300 block of Early Boulevard.
• Reckless driver — 100 block of Salt Creek Drive, kids riding go cart in road. Violation not observed. Spoke to kids in area, warned of the violation if it happened again
• Reckless driver — South Highway 183/Early Boulevard. Caller stated vehicle was riding bumper, then drove off at high rate. Early and Brownwood officers checked the area, unable to locate vehicle.
• Illegal dumping — 200 block of Early Boulevard, caller stated someone was dumping in the business dumpster. Officer unable to locate vehicle.
Sunday, July 1
• Medical emergency — 1000 block of Early Boulevard, Lifeguard transported.
• Weapon offense — 2700 block of Main, agency assist.
• Medical emergency — 200 block of Hanson, Lifeguard transported.
• Loose livestock — 1500 block of Early Boulevard.
• Medical emergency — 600 block of Early Boulevard, Lifeguard transported.
• Medical emergency — 1300 block of Virginia, Lifeguard transported.
• Domestic disturbance — 130 Sudderth. Caller reported yelling and screaming coming from an apartment. Officer checked apartment. Mother and kids playing, no problems.
• Suspicious call — Highway 183 North/Old Comanche Road. Fireworks stand could hear someone in trees, afraid they might try to rob them. Nothing found in area.
Monday, July 2
• Criminal mischief — 400 block of Sunrise. House had been egged and toilet papered.
• Loose livestock — 700 block of Longhorn. Owner located. Warned about animals getting out.
• Traffic hazard — Highway 183 North/Early Boulevard, vehicle ran out of gas.
Tuesday, July 3
• Burglary of building — 500 block of Early Boulevard, subjects forced entry into car wash office damaging inside and taking cash.
• Accident — 200 block of Early Boulevard, fire/EMS responded. Minor accident, one person transported by Lifeguard.
• Alarm — 300 block of Early Boulevard, building secure.