Monday, July 16
• DWI — North U.S. 183 and Windmill Road. Deputy Hopson was dispatched on a report of a possibly intoxicated driver and arrested the driver.
• Mail theft — Stanley Lane.
• Assault — Brown County Jail.
Tuesday, July 17
Evading arrest — Highway 279. Deputy Rodriguez attempted a traffic stop for speeding. The driver evaded detention and pulled into a driveway on CR 551. The driver was able to flee on foot before Rodriguez was able to get out. The passenger also exited and began running. Rodriguez caught up to the passenger, gave commands and placed him in handcuffs. The driver was not located. The passenger was arresting for evading.
• Narcotics —FM 2525. Deputy Hopson responded for a warrant service. Francisco Escobar, 40, of Early, and Lorena Mantos, 43, of Brownwood, were arrested on parole warrants. Both were additionally charged with possession of a controlled substance.
• Theft of mail — CR 161, Bangs.
Wednesday, July 18
• Burglary of building — FM 1476, May. Complainant said an air compressor and a miter saw had been taken from his property.
• Abandoned vehicle — U.S. Highway 183/CR 441. Deputy Hopson assisted the volunteer fire department in securing a vehicle abandoned by the side of the road.
• Theft of service — CR 334, Early. Water meter had been removed from a residence, and a hose had been attached to provide water to the residence.
• Burglary of habitation — U.S. Highway 183 North, Early. Cast iron skillet, ring missing from residence.
• Theft of firearm/burglary of vehicle — Walmart.
• Harassment/possession with intent to promote child pornography — 2800 block of First. Cpl. Acota met with the victim and complainant and recovered evidence.
• Traffic stop — 600 block of North Center, arrested driver for DWI.
• Criminal trespass — 400 block of West Commerce. Officer responded to call about peddlers and solicitation. One arrest was made.
• Traffic stop — Austin and Bometa.
Thursday, July 19
• Vehicle burglary — 1800 block of Avenue B.
• Theft — 1400 block of Coggin