A 58-year-old Brownwood woman remained jailed Tuesday on an allegation that she pointed a fake pistol at a man and demanded the keys to his vehicle.
Police also said they located a small amount of suspected methamphetamine in the woman’s apartment.
Caren Windham was booked Friday into the Brown County Jail on charges of aggravated robbery and possession of a controlled substance, jail records state. Windham’s bonds total $65,000.
According to an email from Brownwood police:
Officers responded at 10:20 p.m. Friday to the 3700 block of Savoy on a robbery report. The complainant identified the suspect as Windham.
After the suspect threatened the man with the fake gun and demanded his keys, she returned to her apartment, where officers located her.
In other incidents:
Friday, July 27
• Assault — Fourth and Slayden, subjects separated.
• Burglary of habitation — 1000 block of La Monte.
• Assault — 100 block of Selwood.
Saturday, July 28
• Possession of drug paraphernalia — 2100 block of Slayden.
• Criminal trespass — 2400 block of Monterrey, arrest made.
• Disorderly conduct — 500 block of East Commerce.
• Theft of property and firearm — 300 block of Bailey.
• Burglary of habitation — 400 block of West Chandler.
• Disorderly conduct — 400 block of East Commerce, subject arrested for DWI after traffic stop.
• Theft — 2400 block of Belmeade. Officers were dispatched to a domestic disturbance and learned a male stole a cell phone from his ex-girlfriend. The male was issued a citation.