Brownwood police served a wanted man with two warrants Friday and arrested him on four additional charges, police said.
Christopher Anderson, 27, was booked into the Brown County Jail on warrants for possession of a controlled substance and DWI and on new charges of possession of a controlled substance in a drug free zone, evidence tampering, unlawful carrying a weapon in a weapons-free zone and possession of marijuana in a drug free zone, jail records state.
According to an email from Brownwood police:
Officers received information that led them to Anderson, who was driving a Ford F-150 in the 1300 block of Austin. Officers stopped Anderson in the 700 block of Hawkins.
Officers located drug paraphernalia in plain view in Anderson’s pickup. Officers conducted a probable cause search and seized quantities of methamphetamine, marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
Officers also recovered a 357 caliber revolver handgun from Anderson’s backpack.
Anderson’s bonds total $70,000.
In other incidents:
Friday, Aug. 10
• Animal at large — 1700 block of Woodbridge, unrestrained dog, owner cited.
• Theft — 2300 block of Waco.
• Weapons — 2300 block of Dartmore, subject arrested for unlawful possession of firearm by felon.
• Criminal mischief — 1300 block of Avenue J.
Saturday, Aug. 11
• Animal at large — 16th/Avenue E.
• Domestic disturbance — 3700 block of Second.
Sunday, Aug. 12
• Domestic disturbance — 2800 block of South U.S. 377.
• Assault — 2600 block of Avenue E.
• Domestic disturbance — 300 block of Bluffview.
• Narcotics — 1400 block of Oakland, subject arrested for possession of a controlled substance and indecent exposure.
• Credit card abuse — 3600 block of Rhodes.