EARLY — City council members here will consider awarding a bid tonight for another round of street improvements.
Last month, council members approved street improvement plans for Sunnydale, Old Comanche Road and the far end of Longhorn between Industrial and MacDonald streets.
In other business, council members will go into closed session to discuss the possible sale of land owned by the Early Economic Development Corp.
Early City Administrator Ken Thomas declined to comment on any specifics.
The council meets at 6 p.m. at City Hall. The entire agenda follows:
1. Call to order and invocation.
2. Consideration of the minutes of the previous meeting.
3. Citizens’ comments (the council invites citizens to speak to the council on any topic not already on the agenda).
4. Consider granting a variance requested by Overhead Door Co., 1100 Early Bvld., to place a building closer that 5 feet to the property line.
5. Consider awarding bid for street improvements
6. Consider approving plat for Salt Creek Crossing housing development.
7. Department reports
Travis Eoff — fire chief.
8. Executive session in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 551, Texas Government Code: economic development negotiation, section 551.087 — commercial information from a business prospect being considered by the city for economic development negotiations.
9. Reconvene in open session and consider action, if any, on items discussed in executive session.
10. Consider approving amendments to the Early Economic Corp. by-laws.
11. Committee reports
Motel Tax Committee
12. Administrator’s report