Brownwood police are investigating vandalism estimated at $25,000 done to 15 vehicles owned by used auto dealer Gary Bostick.
The vandalism occurred between Nov. 25 and Nov. 27 to vehicles made in the early ’90s and mid-’90s and were parked at 2205 Belle Plain, a report by officer Brandon Arnold states.
Damage included broken headlights, caved-in roofs and holes punctured in vehicles’ bodies, Arnold’s report states.
Several other vehicles parked at the property but not owned by Bostick were not damaged.
It was too early in the investigation to know whether the vandalism is related to an altercation Bostick had with another man in the Wal-Mart parking lot on Nov. 25, Sgt. Troy Carroll said Monday.
The altercation was over money owed to Bostick, and Bostick, 64, was arrested on an assault charge, police said.
Bostick could not be reached Monday for comment.
In other incidents:
• Officer Sky Self went to the 2800 block of Southside Saturday and told a woman she’d been seen on surveillance video stealing items from a convenience store.
The woman admitted she stole the items but said she doesn’t remember the theft because she was sleepwalking after taking sleeping pills. Self issued the woman a criminal trespass warning for the store at the manager’s request.
• Police were dispatched to the 1100 block of Duke at 1:39 a.m. Sunday on a report of a large fight involving weapons. Police arrived to find a crowd of 20 to 25 people yelling and screaming. The crowd began to disperse after police arrived.
Police talked to enough witnesses to gather that the fight had started as the result of an earlier argument at a night club. At 4:15 a.m., police were dispatched to another disturbance in the 700 block of Seventh. A woman who was present at the Duke Street disturbance was also at the Seventh Street fight, police said.
• Officer Anna Sturgeon was dispatched to the 1500 block of Seventh Saturday afternoon on a report that three women were assaulting a man. The man told police he formerly abused drugs and the women had been his dealers, and claimed he owed them money. The women broke a window at his residence, the man said.
• Officer Trey Weathermon arrested Dickie Martinez, 42, of Brownwood, on charges of possession of marijuana under 2 ounces and DWI after a traffic stop Thursday in the 400 block of West Commerce.
• Officer Brian Tompkins arrested Maramona Barbosa, 38, of Brownwood on an assault charge after a disturbance Friday in the 3200 block of Stephen F. Austin.
• Officer Kimberly Cantu arrested Randall Snell, 47, of Brownwood on a charge of failure to identify — fugitive after a traffic stop Thursday in the 300 block of Maple.
• Arnold arrested David Fisher, 20, of Brownwood, on an evading charge after being dispatched to the area of Eighth and Avenue K on a report of a fight in progress early Sunday morning.