BANGS — The board of trustees here will receive an update on a new scoreboard for Dragon Memorial Stadium when they meet at 7:30 p.m. today.
Superintendent Bill Foster reported during the board’s regular meeting in May that the hope was to have the new scoreboard in place prior to the beginning of football season. The board will also address the restroom/concession stand project in the stadium. Members have been been given several options to consider regarding the project.
The entire agenda follows:
1. Call to order and invocation
2. Open forum
3. Consent agenda:
a. Minutes of prior meeting on May 18, 2009
b. Bills, monthly financial and investment report
4. Consider budget amendments as necessary
5. Campus and district administrator reports:
a. Construction updates
b. Scoreboard update
c. Board training — open records and team building
d. Budget workshops
e. Clinic update
f. Campus activity and enrollment updates
6. Consider and discuss property insurance for 2009/10.
7. Consider and discuss student insurance for 2009/10.
8. Consider and discuss entering into agreement with Burl Lowery, CPA.
9. Consider and discuss lunch/breakfast prices for 2009/10 school year.
10. Consider and discuss tax resale deed of land lot 893, section B, Shamrock Shores, Lot 823, Section B, Shamrock Shores, Lot 746, Section B, Shamrock Shores.
11. Consider and discuss entering into an electrical bid with TASB.
12. Consider and discuss TASB Policy update 85.
13. Consider and discuss restroom/concession stand project.
a. Hire personnel as recommended — Larry Fischer, high school; Glenna Edgin, high school; others as recommended
b. Accept resignations as recommended
If, during the course of the meeting, any discussion of any item on the agenda should be held in closed meeting, the board will conduct a closed meeting in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code, Chapter 551, Subchapters D and E. Before any closed meeting is convened, the presiding officer will publicly identify the section or sections of the act authorizing the closed meeting. All final votes, actions or decisions will be taken in open meeting.