Children were present in recent traffic stops that led to arrests of adults on drug charges.
Sheriff’s Sgt. Tony Aaron and investigator Jason Benefield made a traffic stop while working criminal interdiction in the north Lake Brownwood area Friday night.
A 21-month-old boy was in the vehicle. He was released to his grandmother, who came to the scene.
Aaron and Benefield arrested Michael Jackson, 20, Lance Robertson, 18, and Nathan Robertson, 20, all of May, Brown County Jail records state. They were booked into the Brown County Jail on one charge each of tampering with or fabricating physical evidence, possession of a prohibited weapon and possession of marijuana under 2 ounces, jail records state.
The deputies found marijuana that had been dumped onto the vehicle’s floor, into a cooler and beside a seat, Aaron’s report states.
The vehicle also contained a small metal bat and set of brass knuckles, the report stated.
Deputy Jed Polnick made a traffic stop Friday on Highway 279, and a 7-year-old boy was among the vehicle’s occupants. Polnick arrested a passenger, Carl Riggs, 46, of Odessa, on a charge of possession of marijuana under 2 ounces, jail records state.
In other incidents:
• Officer Brandon Arnold arrested Lauren Krachala, 19, of Brownwood, on a DWI charge after another motorist reported at 12:26 a.m. Saturday that he was following a weaving vehicle.
Arnold got behind the car, saw it weaving and stopped it on Third Street.
• Police were dispatched to the 1900 block of South U.S. 377 at 12:55 a.m. Saturday on an assault report. Police found a man bleeding profusely from facial lacerations. Guardian EMS took the man to the emergency room, and he told police he had been hit with beer bottles.
A man told police later that he and his two brothers had confronted the man because their sister had said he was beating her up, police said.
• Officer Brandon Johnson arrested Thomas Lowe, 51, of Brownwood, on a DWI charge after a traffic accident in the 3200 block of Stephen F. Austin.
• Police responded to a report of a noise nuisance late Saturday night at Southside Village Apartments. Arnold arrested Mary Lancaster, 22, of Brownwood, and Christopher Moore, 23, of Goldthwaite, on charges of purchasing or furnishing alcohol to a minor.
• Police were dispatched to Whataburger at 1:31 a.m. Sunday on a report of a fight involving several people.
Police arrested Anthony Rainey, 31, of May, on a charge of criminal mischief, and Tymothy Monroe, 29, of Blanket, on a charge of disorderly conduct.