A veteran electrician sustained an electrical shock Tuesday afternoon while working at Woodland Heights Elementary School and was flown by air ambulance to an Abilene hospital.

Craven Temple, an employee of Weldon Wilson Electric, was flown by Air Evac Lifeteam to Hendrick Medical Center, where a report on his condition was not immediately available.

A hospital spokeswoman said Temple was being evaluated in the trauma center late Tuesday afternoon.

“I’m en route to the hospital as we speak. I’m just praying as I drive,” company owner Weldon Wilson said by cell phone.

Wilson said he did not have all of the facts on the incident.

Paul Waldrop of Waldrop Construction, the general contractor on the Brownwood school district’s bond improvement project, said Temple was working in a classroom. Temple was standing on a ladder and working in attic space when he was somehow shocked, Waldrop said.

“The injury, of course, is electrical shock and he fell (from the ladder),” Waldrop said.

He said Weldon Wilson Electric is a subcontractor on the job. The work being done at the Woodland Heights school is renovation of interior space, Waldrop said.

He said he has known Temple for a long time and said he believes Temple is in his 50s. He is a longtime employee of the electric company, Waldrop said.

“He’s a real good guy and a very good electrician,” Waldrop said.