Two wineries near Brownwood will again participate in the Way Out Wineries Picnic Road Trip scheduled over the July 4 weekend.
And this year, participants will be picking up one piece of a barbecue tool set in a fitted aluminum case at each of the eight stops on the tour.
The area wineries are Brennan Vineyards in Comanche, and Rising Star Vineyards near Rising Star.
Along the way, “road trippers” will be treated to complimentary wine tastings and a special wine matched to a picnic dish at each winery.
Road Trip ticketholders will complete a barbecue tool set by picking up the pieces while visiting each of the eight wineries. The set is held in a fitted aluminum case with WOW logo.
Tickets are $55 per couple or single and may be reserved by calling (325) 356-9100, or go online to www.wayoutwineries.org for more information.
Road Trip hours on Friday and Saturday will be from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Sunday from noon to 5.
Way Out Wineries are located south of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex and north of Austin. All eight are described as small, boutique wineries and are in or near unique Texas towns. Those on the tour will meet the winemakers and owners on the visit, and often they are the ones who will be serving wine tastes.
Tickets are good for pick-up of tools until after Labor Day.
Participating wineries are listed from north to south. A map and more information is located on the Web site: www.wayoutwineries.org.
• Barking Rocks Winery, 1919 Allen Court, Granbury.
• Bluffdale Vineyards, 5222 County Road 148, Bluff Dale.
• Brennan Vineyards, 802 S. Austin Street (Highway 16), Comanche.
• Red Caboose Winery, 1147 CR 1110, Meridian.
• Rising Star Vineyards, 1001 County Road 290, Rising Star.
• Alamosa Wine Cellars, 677 County Road 430, Bend.
• Pillar Bluff Vineyards, 300 CR 111, Lampasas.
• Texas Legato Vineyards, 2935 Highway 1478, Lampasas.