A Brownwood convenience store manager didn’t have far to look when she realized nearly $3,000 was missing from a money bag Monday morning.

The 32-year-old manager reviewed a security tape and saw who had taken the money: her fiance, a report by officer Trey Weathermon states. The man returned some of the money but $1,275 is still missing, the report states.

The case will be assigned to a detective and a warrant will be sought, police Sgt. Troy Carroll said.

The store’s manager told Weathermon she arrived at work at 5:30 a.m. and brought her 27-year-old fiance with her, as she routinely does. She began counting the money from the weekend. She put a sack of money on her desk in the manager’s office and began speaking with other employees about store business.

Her fiance left the store, and the manager realized $3,275 was missing from the sack, Weathermon’s report states. She immediately reviewed a security tape, which showed her fiance taking money from the sack.

The manager called her district manager and also called her fiance. The man asked that the police not be called and said he would return the money and deposit slips he had taken. The man had returned $2,000 before Weathermon arrived, Weathermon’s report states.

In an unrelated incident, Randall Frink had been out of jail for just a few hours when he was arrested late Monday night at Wal-Mart.

Frink, 29, was booked into jail on a charge of public intoxication and a fraud-related charge, jail records state.

Cpl. Mike Sheedy and patrolman Danny Hutchins were dispatched to the store at 11:20 p.m. Monday on a report that an intoxicated person was trying buy items in sporting goods.

The officers arrived to find a man with a hand-held shopping basket that contained an ax, a machete, coffee and creamer, two cans of silver paint and binoculars. Hutchins’ report states. The man had packs of BBs and keychain clips in his pants pockets.

The man’s eyes were droopy and his speech was slurred. He told the officers he’d taken medication upon being released from jail earlier that evening.

He was also wearing a pair of new gloves that did not have a price tag, Hutchins’ report states. A store employee looked near the glove rack and found the price tag, which had been tossed to the side, Hutchins’ report states.

At the jail, the man resisted jailers as he was pepper-sprayed.

Frink had been arrested on May 20 on an assault charge and bonded out Monday at 5:50 p.m., jail records state.