Bulletin Staff Report

The City of Brownwood is asking residents who have recently sustained weather-related damage to their property to notify City Hall.

Municipal officials in the cityís engineering department said late Tuesday that the information will be used to make an application for federal disaster assistance.

To document the damage, residents are asked to call 646-2659.

Information needed includes a contact name, the address where the damage occurred, contact telephone numbers and an estimate of the cost of repairs with an itemized list of any costs not covered by insurance.

If additional information is needed, a member of the City of Brownwood staff will make contact.

Anyone who wants a city staff member to inspect the property should indicate that desire when the information is submitted.

Brown County was included in a list of places named as disaster areas Monday by Gov. Rick Perry. The move opens a variety of programs to residents affected by recent heavy rains and flooding.

Area counties named in this area are Callahan, Coleman, Comanche, Eastland, Hamilton, Mills, Runnels and San Saba, the governorís office said.