EARLY ó The Early City Council may settle the issue tonight of how the city will provide water for its citizens.
Council members will consider approving a contract between the City of Early, the Zephyr Water Supply Corp. and the Brown County Water Improvement District that will deliver treated water through a pipeline that will be built later.
The City of Early abandon its water treatment plant, and the city and Zephyr will buy treated water from the Brown County Water Improvement District.
Also tonight, the council will also consider approving an agreement that gives the Zephyr water board 40 percent ownership of the pipeline.
The Early council and the Zephyr board agreed at a joint meeting July 14 to a 60-40 split. The Zephyr board approved the agreement at that meeting, but the Early councilís agenda did not give it the authority to formally approve it.
The council meets at 6 p.m. The agenda follows:
1. Call to order and invocation.
2. Consideration of the minutes of the previous meetings of July 8, 2008 and July 14, 2008.
3. Citizensí comments (the council invites citizens to speak to the council on any topic not already on the agenda).
4. Consider approving a water transmission agreement between the City of Early and Zephyr Water Supply Corp.
5. Consider for approval a contractual agreement by and between the City of Early, Zephyr Water Supply Corp. and Brown County Water Improvement District No. 1.
6. Consider appointing a member to the council to fill the seat vacated by William Kelcy until the next general election.
7. Committee reports
8. Administratorís report.