Brown County Sheriff’s officials have two suspects for vandalism that damaged May High School last week, Sheriff Bobby Grubbs said.
The vandalism included dead fish being placed in fixtures in boys and girls rest rooms, a report by deputy Kelly Marsh states.
Marsh was dispatched to the school the morning of May 8, and school officials told him someone had broken into the school and damaged property, Marsh’s report states.
Marsh saw that numerous lockers had been emptied onto the floor, and a liquid, probably some kind of oil, had been poured onto the floor. The glass in a classroom door was broken, and liquid was poured on a desk and papers were thrown on the floor.
A computer tower was missing from the room and found in a trash can next to a rest room. Locks on several other classroom doors were damaged by unknown items being placed in the locks, Marsh’s report states.
In an unrelated incident, deputies arrested a Brownwood woman on a drug charge as she drove home from a grocery store with ice cream and soft drinks for her children, sheriff’s Sgt. Tony Aaron said.
Misty Rae Ordiway, 29, of Brownwood was booked into the Brown County Jail Friday on a charge of manufacture and delivery of a controlled substance, jail records state.
Deputies stopped Ordiway’s vehicle Thursday night on Highway 279 and found methamphetamine packaged for delivery, Aaron said.
CPS officials removed her three children from the home Friday morning after deputies contacted CPS, Aaron said.
In other incidents:
• A woman deposited a $3,200 check she received with a letter that invited her to be a mystery shopper. Although a bank employee advised her to wait several days to make sure the check cleared before withdrawing any of the funds, she waited only a day, police said. The bank then learned the check was fraudulent.
• Officer Stephanie Morgan arrested Melina Belveal, 47, of Brownwood on theft and criminal trespass charges after being dispatched to Wal-Mart.
• Officer Brandon Arnold arrested Danielle Posten, 20, of Brownwood on charges of assault and interfering with a 9-1-1 call after asking a juvenile why she was outside at 1:14 a.m. in the 2000 block of Coggin. The juvenile said family members had been involved in an altercation.
• Arnold arrested Justice Wallace, 27, of Brownwood on misdemeanor warrants, and Christina Hamlett, 29, of Brownwood on a charge of hindering apprehension after a domestic disturbance in the 1300 block of 13th.
• Arnold arrested Rogelio Castro, 25, of Brownwood on an assault charge after a report of a domestic disturbance in the 1800 block of Sixth.
• Officer Trey Weathermon arrested William Mulvey, 52, of San Saba on a DWI charge after a minor traffic accident outside the Food Plaza store at 2800 U.S. Highway 377.
• Weathermon arrested Brittany Hood, 19, of Brownwood on a charge of interfering with a 9-1-1 call after a dispute in the 1300 block of Avenue H.
• Early Police Sgt. John Mills arrested Jesse Castillo, 40, of Brownwood on a DWI charge after a traffic stop in the 100 block of Early Boulevard.
• Mills arrested Ignacio Ortiz Guerro, 36, of Coleman on an assault charge. Guerro fled the scene before officers arrived. Guerro’s vehicle was spotted a short time later by a DPS trooper. Mills responded and Guerro was arrested at that time.