Early police issued 10 citations at a weekend teenage drinking party at an Early motel and arrested a man on a charge of making alcohol available to a minor.
Sgt. Shawn Dibrell and patrolmen Reese Shaffer and Keith Varner went to the motel at 1 a.m. Saturday after police received a tip, Early Police Chief David Mercer said.
Police arrested Keannon Bailey, 27, of Brownwood on the charge of making alcohol available to a minor, Brown County Jail records state.
The teens who were cited are students at Brownwood and Early high schools, Mercer said.
Also in Early, patrolman Nathan Land stopped a vehicle on Sunday that was traveling 88 mph in a 55-mph zone, Mercer said.
Land arrested the driver, Matthew Ashby, 19, of Henderson on a charge of possession of marijuana under 2 ounces, jail records state.
In other incidents:
• Someone threw a beer bottle at the rear window of an RV parked in the 1200 block of Campa, shattering the window. Someone told the owner there had been a party involving alcohol at a neighboring home, where beer bottles littered the yard.
• Someone burglarized coin-operated vending machines at Trans Texas Tire, 109 S. Broadway, and Girling Health Care, 2210 Coggin. Machines sustained $2,000 damage, and it was unknown how much money was taken.
• Someone took a purse and a food from a home in the 1600 block of West Main.
• Officer Stephanie Morgan was dispatched at 3:18 a.m. Sunday to a report of an unwanted person in the 1500 block of Terrace. Morgan arrived to hear a woman in an apartment screaming and cursing. Morgan also heard the sounds of items being broken.
Morgan went in the apartment and saw that the living room was in disarray, with the entertainment center pushed over. Morgan arrested Nora Lopez, 43, of Austin on a charge of disorderly conduct.
• Morgan arrested Edward Baldwin, 39, on a charge of violating a protective order after a domestic disturbance in the 1700 block of Main.