Observant employees at Wal-Mart helped stop the theft of nearly $200 in merchandise.
Officer Brandon Arnold was dispatched to the store after employees reported seeing Michelle Manuel, 28, enter a restroom with several pieces of merchandise and come out empty-handed.
Arnold’s report states the employees “shadowed” Manuel through the store. As Manuel attempted to exit the store through the garden center, she was detained until Arnold arrived. Manuel was in possession of clothing, DVDs, feminine hygiene products, make-up and video games. The total of the items was $193.12
In other incidents:
• A money bag containing $10,000 in cash was stolen from a vehicle in the 1600 block of Broadmoor Dr. The owner told police he had withdrawn money for a trip to Las Vegas.
• A loaded .22 caliber Ruger New Model Single 6 revolver was stolen from a vehicle in the 700 block of Malone.
• A bike was stolen from a yard in the 1300 block of Third Street.
• Another bike, valued at $200, was stolen from the 2000 block of Avenue B.
• A pit bull puppy was taken from the 300 block of Fourth Street.
• Two speakers and a 300 watt amplifier was stolen from a vehicle in the 1900 block of Vincent.
• A Playstation 2 was taken from the 1600 block of Ave. E.
• A drive-thru window at Depot Liquor was damaged by a brick early Monday morning.