Brownwood police served an arrest warrant Tuesday on a 25-year-old man who is accused of having sex with a woman at a party. The woman was a willing partner - until she realized the man wasn't who she thought he was, police said.
Laron McCloud, 25, remained in the Brown County Jail Wednesday on a sexual assault charge. His bond was set at $35,000.
A man and a woman went into a bedroom and had sex, and the man left, Assistant Police Chief James Fuller said. The woman stayed in the bed with her eyes closed, lying on her stomach, when another man entered the bedroom and initiated sexual contact. The woman thought it was the first man returning for another encounter, but she opened her eyes and realized it was someone else, Fuller said.
In an unrelated incident, police were told a man became angry because his wife changed her Facebook password and punched her.
Dal Mills, 61, was booked into the Brown County Jail Tuesday on an assault family violence charge after the incident in the 2500 block of Avenue D, jail records state.
In other incidents:
• Brownwood officer Kevin Ard made a traffic stop at 3:30 p.m. Dec. 27 in the 3700 block of U.S. Highway 377. Ard arrested Bryce Ratliff, 46, of Brownwood, on a DWI charge.
• Officer Joe Thomas made a traffic stop at 1:25 p.m. Dec. 27 in the 1400 block of Avenue K and arrested Stephanie Phillips, 39, on a charge of driving with an invalid license with a previous conviction.
• Officer Jayme Bowman was dispatched to the Brownwood Regional Medical Center at 5:40 p.m. Dec. 27 on a report of a dog bite. A 12-year-old girl was walking in the 1300 block of Willis when two boxers ran up to her. One jumped on her and the other bit her left calf. Animal Control is following up with the dogs' owners.
• Officer Robert Lee was dispatched to the 2500 block of Avenue D at 11:37 p.m. Dec. 27 on an assault call. A woman said her husband punched her. Lee arrested Dal Mills, 61, on an assault charge.
• Deputy Nathan Land made a traffic stop at 11:04 p.m. on Dec. 23 on U.S. Highway 183 north of May. Land and deputy Robert Ramirez located a .38 caliber revolver that was reported stolen out of Irving, a box with about 4 grams of methamphetamine and sawed-off straw with and an "angel cut." Land arrested Garrett Jenkins, 21, of Fort Worth, on charges of unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon, possession of a controlled substance over 1 gram under 4 grams, and theft of a firearm.
• Deputy John Harper met with a woman in Blanket on Dec. 21 on a report of animal cruelty. The woman owned two horses, and the smaller horse, which the woman said was skinny when she acquired the animal 18 months earlier, would not gain weight. Harper gave the woman several instructions related to the horses.
• Harper took a burglary report from a Lake Brownwood man on Dec. 21. The man said medicine and cash were taken.
• Deputy Byron Langley took a report of a domestic disturbance on Dec. 21 at a residence on County Road 234.