A shoplifting at Hastings on Monday turned into engaging in organized criminal activity and theft charges for four people.
Brownwood officer Danny Hutchins arrested Michael Massey, 32, of Bangs, and Brownwood residents Elizabeth Roe, 20, Kristhopher Roe, 18, and Wanda Roe, 40, Brown County Jail records state.
Hutchins was dispatched to the store at 8:50 p.m. on a report of the theft of CDs and lighters. Some of the stolen items had been taken outside and placed in a vehicle, but store employees were alerted when the a sensor at the exit went off, police said. Hastings employees found discarded packaging from CDs in the store.
In other incidents:
• Officer Jesse Mares responded to an accident Monday in a parking lot in the 1200 block of Austin and arrested Julian Sanchez, 30, of Brownwood, on a DWI charge.
• Officer Brandon Miller was dispatched at 2:02 a.m. Monday to the Lilli Food Mart, 1201 Austin, after an alarm was activated. The drive-thru window had been broken out but there was no entry.
• City Marshal Dean Kilburn saw a man with a warrant in the Wal-Mart parking lot. The man gave Kilburn a false name and a woman grabbed his shirt, shook his arm and said "tell him who you are." Kilburn arrested Freddie Thomas, 51, of Brownwood, on a charge of failure to identify and on a public intoxication warrant.
• Officer Robert Lee was dispatched to the 1300 block of 13th on a report of a family dispute. Lee arrested Renee Duran, 40, of Brownwood, on an assault charge.
• Lee was dispatched to the 1300 block of Magnolia on a domestic disturbance call and arrested Alexis Soria, 18, of Brownwood, on an assault charge.
• Miller made a traffic stop in the 500 block of North Fisk and arrested Linley Rinehart, 32, of Brownwood, on a DWI charge.
• Officer Kim Cantu was dispatched to the 1700 block of Fifth and the 4300 block of Fourth on vehicle burglary calls.
• Officer Joe Thomas was dispatched to the 1700 block of Main, where evicted tenants took several appliances.
• Officer Dustin Bode was dispatched to the 2000 block of Belle Plain, where someone had broken into an RV.
• Lee was dispatched to the 1500 block of Terrace, where a man said another man punched him in the mouth. The assailant said he had punched the man in defense of his wife, who was assaulted.
Others booked into the Brown County Jail between 8 a.m. Friday and 8 a.m. Tuesday were:
Autumn Alexander, 25, Early, possession of a controlled substance and possession of marijuana.
Lara Bates, 30, Blanket, theft.
Peggy Hill, 39, San Saba, manufacture or delivery of a controlled substance.
Melvin Lewis, 28, Abilene, bond withdrawals for delivery of a controlled substance and delivery of a dangerous drug.
Charles Mason, 20, Brownwood, motion to adjudicate for evidence tampering.
Shawn Parrish, 40, Goldthwaite, violating promise to appear.
Cody Rasberry, 21, Brownwood, violating promise to appear, unauthorized glass coating material.
Aaron Spearman, 41, Early, failure to appear, speeding warrant.
Thomas Stewart, 39, Brownwood, motion to revoke for resisting arrest.
Shane Taylor, 33, Santa Anna, violating promise to appear, speeding warrant.
Allynda Trollinger, 31, Brady, theft, possession of a controlled substance, motion to revoke for DWI, motion to adjudicate for possession of a controlled substance (McCulloch County).
Angela Trout, 23, Rising Star, DWI.
Nathan Vega, 23, McAllen, failure to appear for evading arrest and assault.
Devan Vogel, 25, Bangs, failure to appear, traffic warrants.
Denver Way Jr., 66, Zephyr, DWI third or more.
Pamela White, 36, Bangs, 60-day commitment.
Christopher Williams, 25, Austin, possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana.