WACO — The Early Lady Horns powerlifting team brought home a pair of medals and finished seventh as a team out of 86 Class 3A schools during the Texas High School Women's Powerlifting Association State Meet on Saturday.
Early's Allie Blasingame earned a silver medal in the 165-pound weight class with a total of 960 pounds lifted – 405 pounds in the squat, 170 in the bench press and 385 in the deadlift.
Fellow Lady Horn Hallie Brinson secured a bronze medal in the 132-pound weight class with an 895-pound tally (350 squat, 210 bench, 335 deadlift)
Also competing at state for the Lady Horns were:
• Sydnee Shea: seventh in the 148-pound weight class (830 total – 345 squat, 195 bench, 290 deadlift)
• Taylor Netherton: eighth in the 114-pound weight class (680 total – 255 squat, 155 bench, 270 deadlift)
• Veronica Villarreal: ninth in the 198-pound weight class (930 total – 390 squat, 225 bench, 315 deadlift)
• Ellie Ryan: 13th in the 181-pound weight class (755 total – 300 squat, 160 bench, 295 dead lift)
• Katelyn Espinoza: 18th in the 97-pount weight class (520 total – 210 squat, 110 bench, 200 deadlift)
Under the direction of coach Josh Lehde, the Region 2 champion Lady Horns won every meet of the season leading up to state.