Take off your "shades," Brownwood City Marshal Dean Kilburn told a sunglasses-wearing man in the municipal courtroom.
The man reached down and started to untie his shoes, and Kilburn stopped him.
"You told me to take off my shoes," the man said, according to Kilburn's report. Kilburn told the man, who smelled of alcohol, was unsteady on his feet and had slurred speech, to take off his sunglasses. Kilburn ended up arresting the man, William Bailey, 40, on a public intoxication charge. Bailey told Kilburn he had been waiting to see the judge.
In other incidents:
• Officer Jesse Mares arrested Shawn Fuller, 20, of Stephenville, on two charges of possession of a controlled substance after a traffic stop on Jan. 31. Mares found methamphetamine and a pipe with a green leafy substance suspected to be K2, Mares' report states.
• Officer Stephanie Morgan responded on Jan. 31 to the 200 block of North Main, where someone broke out a window in a vehicle and moved two jackets.
• Morgan responded on Jan. 26 to the Law Enforcement Center, were she took a report about alleged sexual, verbal and physical abuse that occurred in 2003.
• Cpl. Richard Williams responded on Jan. 29 to the 1000 block of West Commerce, where several juveniles were seen breaking out windows. The juveniles' parents agreed to pay for the damages.
• Brownwood school resource officer Fred Bastardo was contacted on Jan. 31 about two middle school students who were in possession of tobacco.
• Officer Walker Willey was dispatched on Feb. 1 to the 1000 block of Melwood, where someone entered an unlocked vehicle and took an iPOD. In another vehicle burglary in the same area, someone broke out a vehicle's window and took a purse.
• Officer Joe Thomas was dispatched at 11:23 p.m. Feb. 1 to the 2300 block of Belle Plain, where someone took prescription medicine from a vehicle.
• Officer Zane Taylor responded to Wal-Mart on Jan. 26, where someone had found suspected narcotics and drug paraphernalia behind a Coke machine outside the front of the store.
Others arrested between 8 a.m. Tuesday and 8 a.m. Thursday, according to Brown County Jail logs, were:
Antonio Alexander, 37, Brownwood, failure to appear for failure to identify as a fugitive.
David Bivins, 56, Brownwood, public intoxication.
Bobby Browne, 56, Brownwood, telephone harassment, criminal trespass.
Joe Carter, 47, Brownwood, driving with an invalid license.
Kyle Couch, 49, Comanche, theft.
Jose Flores, 36, Brady, failure to appear, no driver's license.
Jeffrey Lemons, 30, Early, DWI.
Gerald Livingston, 19, Brownwood, surety withdrawal for criminal trespass.
Lellia McClain, 40, no driver's license, violating promise to appear.
Mark Moore, 50, Brownwood, motion to revoke for DWI with child passenger.
Monte Needham, 39, Brownwood, motion to revoke probation for obstruction of roadway.
Crystal Negrete, 27, Brownwood, burglary of a habitation.
Nathan Padilla, 38, Brownwood, motion to revoke probation for assault.
Jose Tijerina, 52, Brownwood, DWI.
Dain Cox, 23, Brownwood, failure to appear for assault.
Druey Lyon, 44, Brownwood, theft of firearm.
Ronnie Patterson, 44, Early, surety withdrawal for assault.
Michele Shannon, 42, Brownwood, assault.
Caliscia Slaughter, 20, Brownwood, motion to revoke for possession of marijuana.