A Brownwood man's date with a woman ended before it got started when something came between them — the woman's dog.
Brownwood officer Jayme Bowman went to Brownwood Regional Medical Center Friday night, where a 44-year-old man was being treated for injuries from a dog bit. The man's bottom lip was missing and he had a large laceration to his right elbow, as well as a laceration and puncture marks to his left hand, left forearm, right hand, left shin and left thigh area, and a scratch to his right knee.
According to Bowman's report:
The man told Bowman his brother had driven him over to the woman's house to pick her up for the night. When he walked up to the front door, he saw the door was cracked open. When the man knocked, the door opened a little more. The dog came to the door, opened it the rest of the way with his paw and attacked the man outside, he told Bowman.
Bowman spoke with the dog's owner, who said the man had just walked in without knocking and that's when he got attacked by her dog. She said she heard screaming and when she got to the front door, the man and the dog were outside, and the man's brother got the dog off of him.
In other incidents:
• Officer Brandon Miller was dispatched Late Friday night to the area of Belmeade and Magnolia, where a pickup hit a utility pole, knocking out power in some locations. Miller arrested the driver, Keith King, 51, of Brownwood, on a DWI charge.
• Miller was dispatched late Sunday night to the 300 block of Bluffview, where a vehicle had driven over a curb and appeared to have hit something. The driver was found to be impaired from inhaling from an aerosol can and was taken to the emergency room.
• Miller was dispatched late Saturday night to the 900 block of Riverside, where a vehicle struck a parked vehicle as the driver attempted to leave a bar. Miller arrested Issac Mendoza Jr., 52, of Brownwood, on a DWI charge.
• Officer Robert Lee was dispatched to the 2500 block of Coggin Friday night on a noise complaint. Lee heard loud music coming from a residence and smelled marijuana. Lee arrested Blade Williams, 20, and Larry Westerman, 55, on charges of possession of marijuana under 2 ounces. Westerman was also charged with evidence tampering.
• Deputy John Fincher responded to a report of a reckless driver late Friday night. A caller said a car was heading into Brownwood from Bangs on U.S. Highway 67, swerving in the roadway and nearly hitting another vehicle.
Fincher saw the vehicle swerving, made a traffic stop and arrested Ismael Herrera, 56, of Hillsboro, on a DWI charge.