Brownwood police are investigating several theft cases.
Reports released Monday morning contained few details. According to reports:
• Officer Anna Sturgeon was dispatched Friday to the 1400 block of Main and generated a report for theft over $1,500 under $20,000.
• Sturgeon was dispatched Sunday to the 1600 block of Belle Plain, also for a report of theft over $1,500 under $20,000.
• Cpl. Stephanie Morgan was dispatched Friday to the Law Enforcement Center on a theft report.
• Officer Zane Taylor was dispatched Friday to the 600 block of Fifth, where a known suspect is alleged to have stolen several tattoo items.
• Officer Jesse Mares was dispatched Sunday to Wal-Mart on a theft call and arrested Saul Sanchez, 31, of Brownwood, on charges of theft and failure to appear for driving with an invalid license.
In other incidents:
• Sturgeon was on patrol Sunday in the 2100 block of Austin when she saw a when she made a traffic stop and arrested Billy Jones, 17, of Brownwood, on a charge of reckless driving.
• Mares was dispatched Friday to the 1500 block of Brady on what started as a civil matter. Mares arrested Robert Brookbank, 25, of Brownwood, on a charge of burglary with intent to commit assault.
• Officer Danny Hutchins was dispatched Friday to the 1000 block of West Commerce and arrested Charles Ruane, 60, of Brownwood, on a public intoxication charge.
• Taylor made a traffic stop Friday in the 2700 block of Asbury and arrested Richard Elms, 56, of Brownwood, on a charge of possession of marijuana under 2 ounces.
• Officer Sky Self was dispatched Sunday to the Brownwood Regional Medical Center emergency room in reference to an assault.
• Mares was dispatched Saturday to the 700 block of Boneta, where a woman said a man had assaulted her in a pickup.
• Officer Steve Woodard was dispatched Sunday to the 1600 block of Belle Plain, where tools and lawnmower parts were stolen from a porch.
• Mares was dispatched Saturday to the 200 block of East Commerce, where a employee at a business found a baggie of marijuana outside on the ground.
• School resource officer Fred Bastardo was dispatched Friday to Brownwood Middle School and met with someone who reported suspected child abuse.
Others arrested between 8 a.m. Friday and 8 a.m. Monday were:
Victoria Bernal, 22, Santa Anna, motion to revoke for possession of a controlled substance.
Antonio Campos, 54, Brownwood, 30-day commitment for DWI third.
Carire Cox, 28, Brownwood, traffic warrant.
Jonathan Eisenhauer, 28, Brownwood, failure to appear, traffic warrant.
Elizabeth Felipe, 27, Coleman, possession of a controlled substance.
Kevin Gordon, 33, Brownwood, failure to appear, traffic warrant.
Shawna Grantham, 32, Brownwood, parole violation, possession of a controlled substance.
Jason Inglet, 25, Brownwood, 90-day commitment/weekends.
Brad Mayes, 46, Brownwood, 10-day commitment/weekends.
Reynaldo Mendoza, 19, Brownwood, driving with invalid license.
Jimmy Newton, 31, Brownwood, possession of a controlled substance.
Patrick O'Connor, 49, Brownwood, possession of a controlled substance.
Michael Parks, 25, Austin, possession of marijuana under 2 ounces.
Sabrina Sheffler, 33, May, traffic warrants.
Craig Williams, 52, Brownwood, 10-day commitment.