Brownwood police were continuing an investigation Tuesday morning into the sexual assault of 13-year-old girl that occurred Monday night. An arrest had not been made but a suspect had been identified, police said.
Few details were available from police Tuesday.
Officer Dustin Bode was dispatched to Brownwood Regional Medical Center at 2:10 a.m. Tuesday, where "it was determined a sexual assault took place," Bode's report states.
Detectives were working on the case throughout the morning, Assistant Police Chief James Fuller said.
Fuller did provide details on the assault or the suspect.
In other incidents:
• School resource officer Fred Bastardo was notified Monday of a man walking around near the playground at Woodland Heights Elementary School. The man also sat on a bench in front of the school. Officers Robert Lee and Brandon Miller located the man in the 1300 block of Brooks, and Bastardo drove there and issued a criminal trespass warning.
• Miller was dispatched Monday to the Law Enforcement Center, where he spoke with a woman who said her ex-husband had hacked her email account and posted a video on her page.
• Miller was dispatched Monday to the 1500 block of Austin, where a man said he had been assaulted by his brother. The man had facial injuries. Miller arrested Reynaldo Diaz Jr., 24, of Brownwood, on an assault charge.
• Deputy Jim Cornelius took a report Friday from a man who said UPS had delivered a package with a camera valued at about $900 to his home. UPS notified the man the package was delivered on Jan. 15 and left on the front porch, but someone stole the package
• Deputy Brandon Arnold, assisted by deputy Byron Langley, arrested Adam Deen, 31, of Blanket, on a Coleman County warrant and on new charges of possession of a controlled substance and evading arrest.
Arnold had been notified by a Coleman County deputy that there was a warrant for Deen, and Arnold, familiar with where Deen sometimes stays, searched for him Monday on County Road 344. Deen ran behind a barn, and the deputies located him later in an efficiency apartment inside the barn, hiding under a bed, Arnold's report states.
Others booked into the Brown County Jail between 8 a.m. Monday and 8 a.m. Tuesday were:
Micki Alcorn, 25, San Saba, failure to appear.
Crystal Bates, 28, Harker Heights, violating probation for telephone harassment.
Dain Cox, 24, Brownwood, assault.
Demetricus Fisher, 40, Brownwood, public intoxication.
Crystal Negrete, 28, Early, motion to adjudicate for burglary of a habitation.
Rance Pilkington Jr., 23, Brownwood, parole.
Wanda Roe, 41, Brownwood, traffic warrants.