Two motorists who went to jail following traffic infractions were among weekend arrests.
According to Brownwood officer Danny Hutchins report:
Hutchins was dispatched to the 1500 block of Magnolia at 2:22 a.m. Sunday on a report that a vehicle was spinning its tires and making excessive noise. Hutchins arrived to see a 1996 Ford Mustang in the 2800 block of Third traveling toward Magnolia and "smoking its tires," Hutchins' report states.
The roadway was filled with white smoke from the tires spinning and the area smelt of burnt rubber. The Mustang slid sideways into a "donut," and Hutchins activated his patrol car's emergency lights. The driver lost control and the car entered an apartment complex parking lot. The driver pulled away from a building and entered a different parking lot at the complex.
The driver got out and walked away. Hutchins yelled at the man to stop but the man "took off walking as fast as he could away from me. (The driver) went into a corridor as he was heading to his apartment," Hutchins' report states.
Hutchins yelled again at the driver to stop and caught up with him as he was preparing to enter his apartment.
Hutchins arrested Timothy Knox, 32, on charges of evading arrest, DWI second offense and reckless driving.
In other incidents:
• Officer Jesse Mares was traveling on Southside Saturday night when he stopped a vehicle for speeding. Mares arrested Billy Skaggs, 45, of Brownwood on charges of possession of a dangerous drug and failure to identify, and on an outstanding warrant for failure to appear for possession of a controlled substance.
• Mares was dispatched Friday to the Stripes store, 601 W. Commerce, on a hit-and-run call after a flatbed pickup struck two vehicles in the parking lot.
• Officer Bryan Greenrock was dispatched Sunday to Stripes on a report that a man and a woman stole two six-packs of Bud Light.
• Officer Anna Sturgeon was dispatched Saturday to the 3500 block of Rhodes, where a man said his ex-girlfriend entered his home, destroyed property and took a phone charger and T-shirt.
• Officer Zane Taylor was dispatched Saturday to Walmart on a report that two people stole several hundred dollars worth of merchandise.
• Taylor was dispatched Saturday to the 800 block of Bailey on a report that a woman slapped a 4-year-old girl. The CPS hotline was called.
• Cpl. Stephanie Morgan was dispatched Saturday to the 500 block of E. Commerce on an assault call. The suspect, who had warrants out of Oklahoma and Grayson County, was located at work.
• Sturgeon was dispatched Sunday to the 1500 block of Terrace, where a man said his daughter's boyfriend held him down on a table. Sturgeon arrested David Garcia, 33, of Brownwood on an assault charge.
Others arrested between 8 a.m. Friday and 8 a.m. Monday were:
Eleuterio Acevedo Jr., 20, Brownwood, possession of marijuana over 4 ounces under 5 pounds.
Valerie Bowden, 37, May, traffic warrants.
Frank Brummett, 30, Brownwood, motion to revoke for possession of a controlled substance.
Joshua Caperton, 25, Brownwood, possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana, criminal trespass.
Seth Clark, 26, Early, motion to revoke for possession of marijuana.
Elizabeth Felipe, 27, Coleman, motion to adjudicate for possession of a controlled substance.
Christopher Flowers, 28, Brownwood, bond withdrawal for assault.
Beverly Gandy, 31, Brownwood, criminal mischief.
Robert Gomez, 29, Brownwood, assault.
Amy Grady, 44, Brownwood, traffic warrants.
Alejandra Hall, 38, Brownwood, public intoxication.
Camron Helge, 29, Brownwood, evading arrest.
Tamara Hicks, 45, Brownwood, public intoxication.
Martin Knowles, 30, Brownwood, motion to adjudicate for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
Antonio Martinez, 33, Brady, bond withdrawal for evading arrest.
Antonio Martinez Jr., 21, Brownwood, assault.
Michael Marx, 46, Brownwood, possession of dangerous drug.
Jonathan Ortega, 20, Brownwood, possession of marijuana.
Roseanne Ortega, 22, Brownwood, parent contributing to non-attendance.
Santiago Perez, 19, Brownwood, possession of marijuana over 4 ounces under 5 pounds.
Jose Sanabria, 30, Nolanville, driving with invalid license.
Victoria Slayton, 32, unauthorized use of a vehicle, driving with invalid license.
Randy Sliger, 48, Brownwood, motion to revoke for possession of dangerous drug.
Patrick Talbot, failure to appear for theft and failure to identify, fugitive from justice and false declaration of ownership.
Oscar Villa, 19, San Saba, traffic warrant, failure to appear.
Katrina White, 34, Brownwood, burglary of a habitation.