A handcuffed man broke away from a deputy and "body checked" another man as the deputy was escorting the handcuffed man out of the May Post Office Thursday, a deputy's report states.
Deputy Brandon Arnold arrested Jimmy Konogeris, 64, of May, on an assault charge following the body checking, jail records state. Konogeris is free on $2,500 bond.
According to Arnold's report:
Arnold was dispatched to the May Post Office on a report of a disorderly person. Arnold arrived to see a large male standing with his back to Arnold and his hands in the handcuffing position. Arnold spoke to the man several times but the man did not reply.
The man leaned over, placed his hands on the counter and spread his feet. "It was obvious that he was mad so for my safety I instructed him to place his hands behind his back," Arnold's report states. "He was placed in handcuffs and escorted out to the building."
As they were leaving, the man broke away from Arnold and knocked another man into a wall, causing pain to the second man's elbow and back. The man said he wished to prosecute and the suspect was arrested.
In other incidents:
• Deputy Byron Langley was dispatched Wednesday to an undisclosed location on Brinn Street in Brownwood, where a man said someone took a satellite receiver and dish from his property.
• Deputy Jim Cornelius took a report from a man who said eight unauthorized purchases totaling $745 had been charged to his debit card.
• Arnold was dispatched Wednesday to an undisclosed location on Kiowa, where a man said someone stole four batteries off his golf cart.
• Arnold met with a woman Thursday who said a woman had stolen $3,600 worth of items from a storage building outside her home.
• Brownwood officer Sky Self was dispatched Thursday to the 2200 block of Avenue E on an assault call. Self arrested Wanda Roe, 41, of Brownwood, on an assault charge.
• Officer Danny Hutchins was dispatched Wednesday to the 500 block of East Commerce, where a woman said her two foster children had stolen clothing from Walmart. Hutchins issued citations for theft under $50.
• Officer Steve Woodard was dispatched Wednesday to the 3000 block of Avenue D on a report that tools were taken from a storage building.
• Cpl. Johnny Jackson was dispatched Thursday to the 1700 block of West Main on a report of a dispute between a mother and daughter. Jackson arrested Magaly Chavez, 17, on an assault charge.
Others booked into the Brown County Jail between 8 a.m. Thursday and 8 a.m. Friday were:
Douglas Day, 24, Brownwood, motion to adjudicate for possession of marijuana.
Larry Durham Jr., 34, Coleman, failure to appear for evading arrest.
Megan George, 28, Early, bond withdrawal for possession of a controlled substance.
Stetson Kelley, 21, Early, burglary of a habitation, parole violation.
Lacindia Moore, 28, Coleman, failure to appear for possession of marijuana.
Ricky Smith, 26, Dallas, failure to appear for possession of a controlled substance.
Robert Sullivan, 53, criminal trespass.