Law enforcement officials are investigating several thefts and burglaries, and sheriff's officials released a summary Friday of additional details of a break-in at the Precinct 2 county barn in May.
Deputy Troy Boulter was dispatched to the barn on FM 1689 Wednesday morning, where a county employee said someone cut the lock from the gate. The break-in resulted in the loss of 300 gallons of diesel fuel, a sprayer system that was mounted in the back of a county pickup and a 5-pound fire extinguisher, Boulter's report states.
In other incidents:
• Deputy John Gramling was dispatched to the Sportsman Center, 2724 Belle Plain, where someone tried to break into the storeroom by attempting to pry the steel door.
It will cost about $1,200 to replace the door, Gramling was told.
• Brownwood police were dispatched Thursday to the Food Plaza at 2800 Southside after the manager noticed that a beer display was unusually low.
The store's video showed two males working together to distract the clerk and carry out beer, police said.
• Police were dispatched to the 300 block of Market Place, the 1300 block of Eighth, 1000 block of Poindexter and Walmart on other theft and burglary calls.
• Police were dispatched Thursday to the 2900 block of Southside on a report of a suspicious person. Police arrested Christian Garcia, 19, of Brownwood, on a charge of manufacture or delivery of a controlled substance.
• Police were dispatched Thursday to the 2800 block of Southside on an assault charge and encountered an injured woman. Police arrested an unidentified "male subject" on an assault charge.
Others booked into the Brown County Jail between 8 a.m. Thursday and 8 a.m. Friday were:
Jerry Contreras Jr., 29, possession of a controlled substance.
George Ford, 46, Coleman, bench warrants for possession of a controlled substance, theft and evidence tampering.
Jeffery Hale, 27, Coleman, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
Mary Harrell, 39, Brownwood, parent contributing to non-attendance.
Reginald Jones, 36, Brownwood, assault.
Takeisha Lewis, 24, Abilene, failure to appear, motion to revoke for possession of marijuana, bond withdrawal for theft.
Margaret Loehman, 35, Early, possession of a controlled substance, failure to appear, possession of a dangerous drug.
Tommi Miller, 35, burglary of a habitation.
Jessica Parsons, 27, failure to appear, bond withdrawals for possession of marijuana, possession of a controlled substance, driving with invalid license.