Christopher Boykin, the 25-year-old Blanket man arrested after deputies said he held his mother hostage in a camper trailer Friday afternoon, remained Monday in the Brown County Jail on five felony charges.
    Boykin is charged with three counts of aggravated assault against a public servant, one count of aggravated assault family violence with a deadly weapon and one count of unlawful restraint, jail records state. Boykin’s bonds total $225,000.
    Boykin is charged with three counts of aggravated assault against a public servant because he fired a shot through a camper window in the vicinity of three deputies, Sheriff George Caldwell said.
    Sheriff’s Capt. James Stroope said Boykin had been having a bad day Friday and was angry after a deputy made a traffic stop on his vehicle sometime before the standoff began.
    Sheriff’s officials released a report Monday morning by deputy Kaleb Hopson that gave additional details on the nearly five-hour standoff with law enforcement officials, which began shortly after 1 p.m. in the area of Avenue A and Fifth Street in Blanket. About 20 law enforcement officers with tactical teams from the sheriff’s office and Department of Public Safety were involved in the standoff.
    According to Hopson’s report:
    Hobson and deputy Taylor Fletcher responded to a disturbance in the 9200 block of County Road 360. The deputies were told Boykin and his mother were in a physical altercation and the woman was trying to take a knife from her son.
    Deputies arrived and were met by a woman standing in a doorway of the camper. The woman said she couldn’t come outside because Boykin had a gun to his head. Deputies and DPS hostage negotiators learned Boykin would not let his mother leave and pointed the gun at his own head and at his mother.
    Boykin fired a shot out window. Three patrol vehicles were clearly visible from the site where Boykin fired the shot, and three deputies stood behind the vehicles.
    After several hours of negotiations, Boykin let his mother go, and the woman ran out of the camper in extreme distress.
    DPS tactical team members used a robot to conduct surveillance on Boykin and deployed tear gas into the trailer after additional hours of negotiation. The DPS tactical team entered the camper and took Boykin into custody without incident. Deputies located a .40 caliber semi-automatic pistol about 10 feet from the camper door.
    Deputies were told Boykin has PTSD, Caldwell said.
    Boykins’ mother told authorities her son was bleeding heavily from self-inflected wounds, but Boykin had only superficial scratches when he was taken into custody, Caldwell said.